Author Topic: Coddenham Marriage 1573  (Read 1212 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Coddenham Marriage 1573
« on: Thursday 24 November 11 01:59 GMT (UK) »
Just wondering if sks who has access to the Coddenham PRs could possibly have a look at a marriage which appears on the Boyds marriage index:

1573 John Hurlock and Susan Dow

There are also others:

1555 Robert Hurlock and Elizabeth Dow
1630 Susan Hurlock and Simon Thursby

Although I'm more interested in the 1573 marriage just in case (tall order I know) there are any other details about where he was from ... I know generally they don't at that time but sometimes you get lucky.  Just wondering if this is my missing marriage for a couple whose first known child was baptised in north Essex in 1579.  Sadly my John Hurlock only left an Administration when he died and none of the Wills for other Hurlocks/Harlocks in the area from the late 1500s mention a John. :(

Any help appreciated, unfortunately Coddenham is one set of PRs we don't have on microfiche.  It will obviously depend on whether that couple stayed in the parish or not. ::)  Although one of the sons of my John and Susan did marry his third wife in Ipswich.

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day