Author Topic: Carroll  (Read 3062 times)

Offline paulbduffy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Carroll
« on: Monday 28 November 11 17:40 GMT (UK) »
I have found my greatgrandmother,maiden name Carroll, on the 1901 census and she gives her birth place as Mullets Town Co Louth,this is a wrong spelling I am sure as she would not have been educated.Then in the 1911 census she gives her birth place as Ardee,can there be any link or connection between the two places?her name was Maria Carroll and her Father was Lawrence..

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Carroll
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 November 11 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Griffiths Valuation lists a James & Richard Carroll in Mullanstown and so I would suspect that is where Maria was from. However it is very close to Ardee which would be much more well known, and so it wouldn’t be too surprising if someone (perhaps completing the 1911 census on her behalf) just put Ardee down as her place of birth, rather than her exact townland.
Elwyn

Offline paulbduffy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Carroll
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 November 11 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply Elwyn it does seem that is where she was from,I guess the next step would be to get her marraige cert,to a Michael Duffy sometime around 1870,and that would give her address,I know her first daughter,Mary was also born at the same address
                                                                                 Paul