Author Topic: SA;- John & Christina DONOUGHOE/DONOHOO/DONNAHUE  (Read 1082 times)

Offline SASHAR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SA;- John & Christina DONOUGHOE/DONOHOO/DONNAHUE
« on: Wednesday 30 November 11 04:55 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for some suggestions and help with tracing a bit more on John and Christina DONNAHUE (and it's various spellings).
I've touched briefly on them before at http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,551523.0.html

I'll give a brief outline on what I have:-
BISA:- John DONOUGHO arrived by 1854 resided River Gilbert  rel: RC  married: Christiana nee GRAHAM  child: Eliz (1854)
Marriage:- as DONOUGHOE 17.7.1851 to Christiana GRAHAM at River Light.    No further details given but from his death in the newspaper he was born c.1820..
Death:-  Unable to find a death record but TROVE have 2 articles on his death under the names DONNAHUE and DONOHOO.   Death date given as 10.4.1855, place would be River Gilbert area.
"CORONER'S INQUEST.
SUDDEN DEATH.— An inquest was held on Thursday, 12th instant, before James Masters, Esq., J.P., and a respectable Jury, on the body of Mr. John Donnahue, who died suddenly on the 10th. It appeared from the evidence that deceased had been fencing during the day, and seemed to be in his usual good health. About 3 o'clock the wife of deceased, together with her father (Mr. Graham), and her brother, and the deceased's drayman, left the fencing for the purpose of discharging some goods brought in by the dray, when the deceased suddenly fell down, and, without uttering a word, expired. The deceased was a strong, robust man, 35 years old, and has left a wife and two children to deplore their great loss. The Jury returned a verdict of ''Died by the visitation of God.''    
and
there is another article a year after his death with surname as DONOHOO regarding the adminstration of his estate as he didn't leave a will.   It was to be given to his wife Christina, widow,  and her new husband Michael FARRELLY who married 5.2.1856 River Gilbert.

The BISA states John & Christina/Christiana had a daughter Elizabeth of which I can find no evidence.
Another family member has found a baptism 30.9.1852 at Gawler for a  Margaret DONOHOO (I'm not sure of the actual spelling on the baptism record).  Margaret's birthdate was 27.5.1852 Smiths Creek (now Smithfield) SA.  No birth record in SA that I can find.  I have followed Margaret, marriage, children, death etc so need no further info on her.   When Margaret married she used the DONOUGHUE name, not FARRELLY.
1.   Could someone check death records for an Elizabeth DONOUGHO born about 1854.   I have looked for a marriage but can't find anything in SA.

A child John is born somewhere between 1855-1858, supposedly Saddleworth.   I'm trying to work out if he was a DONOHOO or a FARRELLY as there is no birth record for him either.    He used the FARRELLY name and I have loads of info on him excepting his birth date which depending on marriage and death records fits 1855-1858.
If an Elizabeth DONOUGHO existing as the Bisa says, Elizabeth and Margaret would be the 2 children mentioned at the time of John DONOUGHO's death in 1855.   Finding Elizabeth could help clarify that John, was a FARRELLY not a DONOUGHO.

Hoping that's not too long winded,
Appreciate any input,
Sashar
Researching:
Ireland: Farrelly, Brady, Bourke/Burke & poss Smyth/Smith, Connor
Scotland: Paterson, MacGregor, Graham
Derbyshire:  Richardson, Bryer
Germany/Prussia:  Hein, Nuske, Milich, Baum
Australia: Farrelly, Paterson, Richardson, Hein, Milich, Smith/Smyth