Author Topic: Ann Moroney  (Read 3517 times)

Offline apryde1978

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ann Moroney
« on: Tuesday 10 May 05 19:20 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace Ann Moroney's parents and find her real date of birth .

From her Death Cerificate and date on Marriage Certificate it says "Married aged16yrs".
I believe this is wrong and that they lied about her age on the Marriage Certifcate (ie she was under age).
This would explain the lack of detail on the Marriage Cert.

From her death certificate:
Born in Ennis, County Clare, Ireland around 1843
emmigrated when she was 12

Any information would be appreciated

Thanks
Anna
Pryde (Australia), Shanks (UK), Richards (Australia), Moroney (Australia, Ireland)

Offline Sani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Moroney
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 May 05 05:29 BST (UK) »
I have an  Ann Morony b 1841 Co Clare who emmigrated  to Aust with her father Martin b 1815 Clare co, and her sister Bridget b 1844. Ann was 13yrs and Bridget was 10yrs when they arrived. Would this be the same Ann   Val

Offline apryde1978

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 May 05 09:37 BST (UK) »
Val

It sounds like her!!!  Was she aboard the Conway? Do you know what her australian descendants were called? Did she marry a Shanks? I am really excited!! My uncle hit a brickwall at her so I have been trying to find something/anything out about her. If it turns out to be the same Ann I would be happy to share the information/records that I have about her Australian descendants as we have so far.

Anna
Pryde (Australia), Shanks (UK), Richards (Australia), Moroney (Australia, Ireland)

Offline Sani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 05:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Anna   My Ann Morony came to Aust with her father Martin and her sister Bridget. Their mother was Kate Clancy but may have died before they came as she was not on the "Conway" with them.  they arrived in 1854 Martin age 39yr,  Ann 13 yr, Bridget 10 yr. Ana  marr Thomas Dunn  ( son of  Andrew Dunn and Kate Moroney ) They were marr in Geelong 1859 ( 18yr ) and had 10 children one was my husbands grandmother. If this is the same Ann I have her children and grandchildren as well     Val

Offline apryde1978

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 09:17 BST (UK) »
Val

I'm not sure if my Ann Moroney is the same as yours. Mine married into the Wheeler family at age 16. I was checking out the Ann Moroney on the Conway as she fits so much of the information we have confirmed about our Ann. Would it be possible to get a look at your gedcom file? I am quite willing to forward you mine as well. If this possible let me know and I will forward you my email address

Offline Sani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 May 05 11:48 BST (UK) »
Anna  If you would like to take this further I can be contacted at (*)
         Val

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Sani

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 21 May 05 04:46 BST (UK) »
Anna      You forgot to give me your address   Val