Author Topic: RENDELL families of BEAMINSTER  (Read 2059 times)

Offline B.E.

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RENDELL families of BEAMINSTER
« on: Wednesday 14 December 11 21:00 GMT (UK) »
I currently have two families charmingly entwined and would appreciate assistance from anyone who can think more clearly than me!

Family #1:
William (1822-94) m. Harriett (1822-94)
issue included
Elizabeth b.1850
Jane (1855-94)

Family #2:
Richard m. Sarah
issue included
Richard (1843-87)

My interpretation of the Beaminster Marriage Register is that Elizabeth d. of William RENDELL m. Richard s. of Richard RENDELL in 1869.

Their issue included
Harry/Henry b.1870
William J b.1876

Therefore William J was Jane's nephew.

My dates above are approximations, but can anyone please do anything to confirm my speculation?

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: RENDELL families of BEAMINSTER
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 December 11 16:10 GMT (UK) »
William John Rendle baptised 14/3/1823 had siblings Fanny 1819, Elizabeth 1825 and Charlotte 1828-their parents were Samuel and Anstice. William married Harriett Brown in 1848 and they had children as you say Elizabeth 22/5/1850, Jane 3/11/1854. You can only prove that cousins later married if you find that Richard was a sibling of William who was born in 1823.There is a lot of info for Beaminster on the DorsetOPC site, and the surname is spelt in several different ways as well.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline B.E.

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: RENDELL families of BEAMINSTER
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 December 11 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Paco. Virtually everything I had on my original post was the result of cutting and pasting bits of Beaminster OPC. As you say, the variants on the surname make it a particular challenge.

I don't think I need Richard and William to be brothers; I was simply hoping someone would be mided to agree with me that the Elizabeth Rendell who married Richard Rendell in 1869 was the older sister of Jane Rendell, thereby establishing an aunt/nephew relationship between Jane (b.1854) and William John (b.1876).