Author Topic: james timmis my brick wall  (Read 2432 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
james timmis my brick wall
« on: Wednesday 23 June 04 13:23 BST (UK) »
  can any kind person out there, help me, with a lot of help from an american distant cousin, Ihave traced the Timmis family[our branch] back to 1784 when james timmis married catherine walker ? at whitmore church,in staffordshire. then in 1786 had son george in audlem cheshire, from who we all originate. the problem is i can not find out any thing else about james timmis or catherine walker,when and where born,or died.also if they had other children, market drayton in shropshire, also crops up a lot .and there are a lot of timmis,s come from there.   how can I find out more about  james and catherine? any ideas, thanks noraT
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline Sasha

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re:james timmis my brick wall
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 June 04 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Nora,

Have you tried the familyhistoryonline website (http://www.familyhistoryonline.net)?  It is a pay-per-view site, but quite good value for money if you can find your ancestors on there.  A search for James Timmis produces 4 entries in Staffordshire marriages 1738-1824 and 2 entries in the Shropshire National Burial Index for 1822-1824.

Hope this is of some help.

Sasha.

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:james timmis my brick wall
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 June 04 16:06 BST (UK) »
thank you sasha, that was quick, i will try that web site and thanks for the info ,i have got to study on it a bit,to see if it fits thanks again nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley