Author Topic: Tonbridge  (Read 787 times)

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tonbridge
« on: Friday 23 December 11 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone have the birth records for Tonbridge please? I am looking for the birth mother of four possible ancestors for my tree. The dates I am looking for are between 1929 and 1945, so a reply would probably need to come by PM in which I can then give details of the four likely suspects. If it was just one then I could send for the birth cert, but four comes a bit expensive and I want to try and narrow it down.
Thanks for any help you are able to give.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: Tonbridge
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 December 11 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Why not  check the FreeBMD that goes up till 1969 and Ancestry 2005 if you have access.

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/tonbridge.html
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tonbridge
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 December 11 15:18 GMT (UK) »
They are not on FreeBMD, and I couldn't find them on Ancestry either. They are on Findmypast, but it just gives the surname for the mother and child all of which are illegitimate children. I am after the Christian name of the mother, which will only be on the cert or parish record I guess.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks