Author Topic: Birth or Death lookup Manser  (Read 1565 times)

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Birth or Death lookup Manser
« on: Wednesday 28 December 11 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi could someone please do a birth or death lookup for a Aaron Manser born in 1836 in Westham Sussex
Kind regards
Barbara

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Birth or Death lookup Manser
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 December 11 09:21 GMT (UK) »
As regards his death,can you tell us which was the last census you found him on and where? Do you know any more about him,parents,wife,children?

You will not find a birth for him in 1836,but you might be lucky enough to find someone that has the parish registers of baptisms(and hope that he was...baptised  ;))

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 December 11 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi
SFHG baptism

St Marys Westham
Aaron Manser
Baptism date: 7th Aug 1836
Father: William Manser
Mother: Emma Manser

Hope this helps
Suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 December 11 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Did he die in infancy??

I cannotfind him on census

by the wayIGI -submittedrecord-soto be treated with caution - has Araron's parents as William and Sarah.

Thought it  worth mentioning-even though it is most probably a mistranscription

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 31 December 11 07:40 GMT (UK) »
As regards his death,can you tell us which was the last census you found him on and where? Do you know any more about him,parents,wife,children?

You will not find a birth for him in 1836,but you might be lucky enough to find someone that has the parish registers of baptisms(and hope that he was...baptised  ;))

Carol

Hi Carol,

I have only his birth date, and that he migrated to Australia on the Duchess Northumberland in 1839, he vanished in Australia and I havent been able to find any trace of him, so I thought I might look in England, as he may have returned to England.
Barb

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 31 December 11 07:42 GMT (UK) »

Carol
Sorry forgot to include his parents were William and Sarah (Sally)Manser from Westham in Sussex.
Barbara

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 31 December 11 07:45 GMT (UK) »
Did he die in infancy??

I cannotfind him on census

by the wayIGI -submittedrecord-soto be treated with caution - has Araron's parents as William and Sarah.

Thought it  worth mentioning-even though it is most probably a mistranscri

Suz

Hi Suz

Thankyou for your reply. He didn't die in infancy he migrated to Australia on the Duchess of Northumberland in 1839,he vanished in Australia. So I am wondering if he may have returned to England, as there is no record in Australia anywhere for him.
Barbara

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 31 December 11 07:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi
SFHG baptism

St Marys Westham
Aaron Manser
Baptism date: 7th Aug 1836
Father: William Manser
Mother: Emma Manser

This is strange as we have him born to William and Sarah, he is also listed on the passenger list for Duchess of Northumberland in 1839 with William and Sarah (Sally) Manser.

Barbara

Hope this helps
Suziq

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 31 December 11 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Just rechecked SFHG baptisms and it does have Emma as the mother ( thought I may have had a blonde moment!!!!) so perhaps it's coincidental and not your Aaron at all

Suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex