Author Topic: Pearson births  (Read 3124 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Pearson births
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 31 December 11 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Jane was in Gateshead in 1901, so the March 1910 - Gateshead death - 10 a 512 for a Jane Pearson aged 70 years would seem to fit.

Good Luck
Happy New Year.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline beachcomber1

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 26 May 14 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Sandra and Silgen / Andrea,
I stumbled across this thread from 2011 on Google and decided to join roots chat to say hello, and as it's my first posting I apologise if i'm not using it properly. I have been trying to resolve these Willis / Pearson questions for a number of years on Ancestry as I research my Willis family tree. I know we have usernames but i want to share that my real name is Ron Willis and I'm a direct descendant of the William Dixon Willis in this tale. As I guess you know he was born in 1839 in durham, married Jane Proctor in 1860 and emigrated to Plymouth, PA in 1864 as a miner to work in the USA during their Civil War. In 1873 my great grandmother Sarah (Sally) Willis was born there and came back to Durham with Jane and kids about 1876 and Jane sort of becomes a Pearson. My father grew up in Gateshead and the Pearson's & Willis' were living cheek by jowl. Well Sally had a child called Millicent Margaret in 1898 in Brighton and Millie gave birth to my dad Harry in 1919.

You are so right about the Iowa connection and a couple of years ago i found living relatives in Des Moines and last year we met up in Iowa - a wonderful experience. William's first daughter, Elizabeth Willis b1861 came home to Durham with Jane but then married Wilson Robinson in 1884 and emigrated again to Iowa (coal mining again!). Elizabeth lived until 1938 and died in Chicago whilst visiting one of her children.

I'm happy to share photo's or other info you would like or have,
Best wishes,
Ron

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 07:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Ron and welcome to rootschat.
I am on holiday at present but will look up my notes on this family when I get home.   It is not my own line but for a son in law and I can't remember it off hand.
Thanks for making contact.