Author Topic: culverwell of congleton  (Read 1575 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
culverwell of congleton
« on: Wednesday 23 June 04 17:16 BST (UK) »
any info about the culverwell family, from congleton, john culverwell was a silk weaver, daughter charlotte, married a ralph simms; son james culverwell,was my ancestor who moved to red street chesterton staffs.then left his family before the 1881census and vanished from all records.his father john also moved to newcastle staffs. john culverwells wife mary ann culverwell died in 1853 at mill green congleton age 44,on the cheshire bmd they also had a little boy who died. i do not think they were native to congleton, but that is as far back as i can get them , thanks in anticipation.nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re:culverwell of congleton
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 June 04 17:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Nora

Hope this helps

Mill Green Congleton 1841 HO 107 / 119 / 8 folio 13 page 2

John Culverwell  age 30 operative silk mill  born out of county
Mary      ~             ~  30                                ~      ~  ~   ~
Charlotte  ~          ~  5                                  ~      ~  ~   ~
Ebenezer  ~          ~  3                                  ~   in county
Ann           ~          ~  6months                      ~   ~    ~

Mill Green Congleton 1851 HO 107 2167 folio 407 page2

John Colverwell  head marr 44  ribbon weaver  Gloster Bristol ?
Mary     ~           wife      ~  42                           Coventry
Charlotte ~        daug        15  silk w/minder     Devonshire
Ebenezer  ~       son          12    ~      ~             Congleton
Epheram   ~        ~              8   scholar                   ~
James       ~        ~              5      ~                         ~
Eliza         ~       daug          2                                  ~
William     ~        son            2months                      ~

Ann is not shown on the 1851 census nor is she on the death or marriage index of the Cheshire BMD
I have attached scan of birth districts very dificult to read.
If you would like any clarifications let me know.

There is a birth shown in the IGI records that is worth checking out.

JOHN CULVERWELL  
  Male    

Event(s):
 Birth:  07 MAR 1800    

Christening:  22 JUN 1800   Tabernacle Penn Street-Calvinistic Methodist, Bristol, Gloucester, England

Parents:
  Father:  WILLIAM CULVERWELL  Family
  Mother:  ANN    

Source Information:
 Batch No.:  Dates:  Source Call No.:  Type:  Printout Call No.:  Type:  

C083541  1775 - 1837  0825381 (RG4 2688)  Film  6912038

regards

peterbennett  

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 June 04 17:45 BST (UK) »
dear peterbennett, you have just solved my culverwells, in one fell swoop, your info fits in perfectly with what i already knew,my old dad john culverwell the 1000000 he is 83, will be chuffed,i can,t thank you enough,this is a brilliant site, with super people, i have only been a member since yesterday, and i have learned more info, thanI have trawling the net for months thanks again nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 June 04 17:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Nora

There are a lot of people who over many years of reseaching amass a lot of imformation, this site is blessed with people who are willing to share.
           A please and a thank you is all thats asked in return as payment.
           So Nora welcome to rootschat and thanks for the payment much appreciated.

regards

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 June 04 18:04 BST (UK) »
well thanks again peterbennett, i have just been printing off your info , to study , and then put in my files , so that should keep me busy , thanks and regards nora T