Author Topic: Baptisms 1793-1797 for PENDEREL family, Cadoxton juxta Neath COMPLETED  (Read 621 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Baptisms 1793-1797 for PENDEREL family, Cadoxton juxta Neath COMPLETED
« on: Thursday 05 January 12 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, Everyone,
It seems a long while since I posted on here, but is there anyone privy to the PR's of Cadoxton-juxta Neath (or juxta somewhere else in the locality) who could look and see whether there are indeed any baptismal entries for the PENDEREL family in the 1790's
I believe that Dr John PENDEREL and his wife Margaret Ross returned from several years in Jamaica in 1793 and that they bought Drumnau (?) farm with 38 acres at Craig y Rhedin (?).  I apologise if my geography of the area in the late 18thC is awry!  Apparently they had three daughters baptised in Cadoxton between 1793 and 1797 before they moved on to Bristol and then to Bath.
Dr John PENDEREL's father Thomas of Aberdylais had managed an Ironworks near Neath, but had died in 1793, as a bit of extra background info...
very best wishes, keith

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: Baptisms 1793-1797 for PENDEREL family, Cadoxton juxta Neath
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 January 12 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Hue and cry over, I've just found what I wanted on that excellent http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/Search.pl      site...
The following baptisms: 16th December 1793 Elizabeth PENDRILL
23rd December 1794 Margaret Campbell PENDRILL
8th July 1797 Mary PENDRILL
All to Dr John PENDRILL and presumably his wife Margaret Ross, on their farm in Wales...
keith