Author Topic: Von Lehenner family Prussia/Germany  (Read 1405 times)

Offline SandraAust

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Von Lehenner family Prussia/Germany
« on: Friday 20 January 12 03:25 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to locate my GGG Grandfather. On the marriage certificate of his daughter Maria Theresia LEHENNER to Clements KLAUS in London in 1869, she quoted her father as Eberhard VON LEHENNER and that he was a gamekeeper. When her brother William married in London in 1865 he stated Everhard was a Government Clerk.

There appears to be no record of Eberhard/Everhard going to the UK, not can I find a record of his children Adolph c1840, Maria c1841, William c1842, Johanna c1848 and Charles c1851, arriving in the UK at some time prior to 1865 when William married.

The various census for the 5 siblings show they were born Germany, sometimes it states Prussia and a particularly bad transcription states Tungenbirch in the Apr which makes no sense at all.

I'd love any infomation that can point me towards Eberhard and his wife, the births of the 5 children and when they might have gone to the UK - actually anything prior to 1865 would be great.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sandra
Compton: England (Hampshire, Surrey), Australia
Bentley: England (Lancashire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire), Australia
McGowan: NZ, Australia
Rowley: NZ, England, Australia
Salvin: NZ, England, Australia
Von Lehenner: Germany, England

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I wish ................!!
    • View Profile
Re: Von Lehenner family Prussia/Germany
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 January 12 07:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

I think it says Tungenburg on the Ahr. near Ahrweiler, now in Rheinland-Pfalz. In 1815 it was part of the new founded Prussian Rhineprovince.

Regards Peonie

In 1800 Tungenburg consisted of 1 house (game keeper) and 30 inhabitants  (http://www.rootschat.com/links/0jvx/ )

Offline SandraAust

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 January 12 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for clarifying the name Peonie. I had no nope of finding anything with the original transcription and not knowing anything about Germany doesn't exactly help the situation.
My computer is busy translating the link you sent so I'll have a read of that when it's ready.

Hopefully this is now a step closer to finding the older Lehenner's.

Best wishes,
Sandra
Compton: England (Hampshire, Surrey), Australia
Bentley: England (Lancashire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire), Australia
McGowan: NZ, Australia
Rowley: NZ, England, Australia
Salvin: NZ, England, Australia
Von Lehenner: Germany, England

Offline Simon Bond

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 November 21 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Sandra, just seen your message, my maternal grandfather was Albert von Lehenner and great grandfather was William von Lehenner, so I think we are interested in the same family tree. The information I have is in the loft, if you are interested I can dig it out and also contact two cousins (siblings) who may have further info. If you search for 'Simon Bond Maidenhead' you will see that I live in England, near Windsor. Best wishes, Simon Lehenner Bond