Author Topic: Tunes & BILLINGTONs in Bucks  (Read 1102 times)

Offline TuneFamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tunes & BILLINGTONs in Bucks
« on: Saturday 21 January 12 00:13 GMT (UK) »
I am in the process of trying to locate an ancestor of mine, James Toone/Tune (below possibly listed as James Townes). From what I am trying to piece together he might have been close to the Billington family as they both owned land together (first quote below). Please read my query thread on here for a full explanation of my search.

At the very bottom is an excerpt for a James Townes and Luke Billington. I am trying to document my line in England. So, if Luke Billington and James Tune knew each other in Virginia, could they have had ties in England? Are there any BILLINGTON family historians out there that could possibly shed light on the status of any James Tunes (Toone, Towne, etc) in Bucks?

--
"18 Nov. 1663
LUKE BILLINGTON & JAMES TUNE, 386 A. 2 R. & 20 P. "to which since added 270 acs. (in the county of Rappahanocke at the head of Farnham Creek) lieing between this and land of Ro. Bedwell, the bounds of which joyntly are: beg. at cor. tree of Robt. Bayly and on the land of John Williams, running S. &c. neere branches of Totoskey Cr. &c. 18 Nov. 1663, p. 345, (357). Trans. of 14 pers: Jno Searle, Wm. Partin, Jno Young, Fra. Clay, Wm. Wroth, Mary Shell, JNO. TUNE, Cornelious Young, JAMES SHORT, Tho. Ceely, Jno Mount, Mary Hartwell,
Sam.Cornix, Jane Fisher
Cavaliers and Pioneers, Patent Book 5, Page 506 by Nell Nugent"

POSSIBLE RECORD FOR MY JAMES:

Name: James Townes
Baptism/Christening Date: 17 Apr 1620
Baptism/Christening Place: BLETCHLEY, BUCKINGHAM, ENGLAND
Father's Name: William Townes
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C00834-2
System Origin: England-ODM
Source Film Number: 1042375

CAN ANYONE PROVIDE INFORMATION OR KNOW ABOUT THE BILLINGTONS?
Name: Luke Billington
Baptism/Christening Date: 05 Nov 1612
Baptism/Christening Place: BLETCHLEY, BUCKINGHAM, ENGLAND
Father's Name: Thomas Billington
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C00834-2
System Origin: England-ODM
Source Film Number: 1042375
Tune; Toon(e); Town(e); Townes