Author Topic: Mary McMahon  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Mary C. Gleason

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary McMahon
« on: Friday 10 February 12 01:28 GMT (UK) »
Looking for the family of Mary McMahon. They are from Killanny,Co Monaghan.

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
Re: Mary McMahon
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 February 12 03:26 GMT (UK) »
Hullo and welcome to rootschat :)

Can you give us some dates please?

Also if you think they are still living, it means we cannot look for them.  Rootschat has a rule that living persons cannot be discussed.

charlotte

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 February 12 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Any connection to your other query?

Looking for marriage date and name of father and mother of Francis Garland. He married Mary McMahon McDermott from Killanny, Co Monaghan sometime before 1827.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Mary C. Gleason

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 February 12 04:13 GMT (UK) »
Mary McMahon McDermott Garland died in Barre, MA, USA April 1843.I believe Francis Garland died in Lynn,MA,USA 1887.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 February 12 09:50 GMT (UK) »
A Francis Garland died 22 Oct.1887 of liver cancer at Lynn, Essex, Massachusetts aged 83 years 5 months 22 days. He was a widower, born in Ireland, parents Walter & Catherine also born in Ireland. You can view the death certificate at www.familysearch.org

The same site lists the death of a Mary Garland on 22 Apr.1843 but there isn't as much detail at that time so parents aren't mentioned.

Finding details of the family in Ireland will be much more difficult. Have a look at Introduction to Irish Records and My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Mary C. Gleason

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 February 12 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your quick responce.

I will check again with Family Search. I didn't think they would have a copy of the actual death certificate.

I'll look at the references you've suggested

Thanks again

Offline McGoughKillanny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 30 March 19 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Here are some of the Grave inscriptions fro Old Killanny Cemetery County Monaghan / Louth.

1. A Limestone Headstone. Martin Mc Mahon Coolreagh. Erected by Jane Mc Mahon in memory of her husband Martin, who departed this life the 26th April 1826, aged 49 years. Also in memory of her daughter Mary Mc Mahon who departed this life 26th Oct 1832, aged 24 years. Also the above named Jane Mc Mahon, who departed this life 11th Aug 1841, aged 56 years.

20. A Sanstone Headstone. I.H.S. This stone wsa erected by Matthew Byrne of Tullygoan in memory of his father James Byrne, who departed this life April 4th 1784, aged 65 years. Also his mother Mary Byrne (alias Mc Mahon) who departed this life February the 22nd 1792, aged 59 years. And likeswise his brother Thomas Byrne, who departed this life April 28th 1796, aged 31 yeras. Also in memory of his wife Judith Byrne who departed this life Sep 30th 1824, aged 50 years.

23. A Limestone Headstone. In Hoc Signo Vinces - Requiescant in Pace. This monument was erected by the Rev. Bryan Kelly, Parson of Killanny, who departed this life May 4th 1802, aged 57 years. Also his father Edward Kelly, who died March 26th 1783, aged 67 years. Also his mother Mary Kelly (alias Mc Mahon) who died July 6th 1788, aged 64 years. Here are deceased the remains of Rev Philip Kelly, who de this life May 2nd 1815, aged 57 years.

There are more...

Please join us at our Facebook Group reseaching the area of Carrickmacross County Monaghan.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2151733041755052/