Author Topic: Ladywell and Brockley Cemetery Headstone Photo Request - Rangecroft  (Read 13357 times)

Offline forester

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Sussex: Satcher (Hamsey) and Gatton (East Grinstead)
Leicestershire: Pratt
South Wales: Evans (Neath)
Poland: Gonet, Deren

Forest Row: War Memorial and Camp WW1
Lewisham War Memorials & WW1 Graves

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ladywell and Brockley Cemetery Headstone Photo Request - Rangecroft
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 05 March 20 15:37 GMT (UK) »

Thanks Phil, - Yes, I remember now.

My Uncle Don only missed it because he was truanting from School that day!

Cheers, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Chris Doran

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 05 March 20 23:46 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if Frederick Newman was any relation to my GreatGrandmother Frances Newman or not. Her husband Thomas Louis Newman Died in 1917 at 5 Mount Pleasant Cottage, Loampit Vale, Lewisham, and he might be Buried there. Also their twin babies, Susan and Rose might be there?
From deceasedonline, Thomas Louis Newman was buried on 17-Mar-1917 in a grave with 31 others in one of the Lewisham cemeteries. According to an Ancestry tree, there was just one daughter, Susan Rose Ellen Newman, born & died in 1911 who could be the one deceasedonline shows buried on 2-Aug-1911 in Greenwich with 11 others.
Researching Penge, Anerley, (incuding the Crystal Palace) and neighbouring parts of Beckenham, currently in London (Bromley), formerly Surrey and/or Kent.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Friday 06 March 20 08:23 GMT (UK) »

Many Thanks Chris, for the further information.

According to my late Grandmother, Susan was a twin, but perhaps the other one didn't survive for long? They were her younger sisters, and she often talked about them, because she said that twins 'ran in her family'.

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Chris Doran

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Friday 06 March 20 17:52 GMT (UK) »
According to this family tree there was a younger sister, Frances junior, born in 1900, who disappears without trace after 1901. Perhaps that's who your grandmother remembered? Otherwise, maybe Susan had a stillborn twin, not recorded.
Researching Penge, Anerley, (incuding the Crystal Palace) and neighbouring parts of Beckenham, currently in London (Bromley), formerly Surrey and/or Kent.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Friday 06 March 20 18:10 GMT (UK) »

My late Grandmother Beatrice Minnie Newman was Born in Greenwich in 1902.

She had a half brother, Walter Oliver, and two full brothers, Thomas and Alfred. I think the sisters all died in early childhood.

Romilly.
Researching:

Offline Charles Homewood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 08 March 20 14:16 GMT (UK) »
any luck with locations i live in brockley laddywell

Offline forester

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Sunday 08 March 20 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Debra,

With a bit of invaluable help, I have located where Sarah Jupp's grave is. It is unfortunately unmarked.
I need to take a couple of photos, as the ones' I took to map the area out aren't suitable. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that I can post photos on this board, so can't share them. I will be in touch with some photos and location information later in the week.

For anyone else looking for early graves in Hither Green, the First Ground appears to start at the old Verdant Lane entrance and follow up past the C of E chapel (Plot A). The Jupp grave is in one of the Third Ground areas and is down at the bottom of the old part, in what is now Plot C.

Phil
Sussex: Satcher (Hamsey) and Gatton (East Grinstead)
Leicestershire: Pratt
South Wales: Evans (Neath)
Poland: Gonet, Deren

Forest Row: War Memorial and Camp WW1
Lewisham War Memorials & WW1 Graves

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline awb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Brockley Cemetery Headstone Search
« Reply #71 on: Saturday 29 July 23 23:32 BST (UK) »
I live several hours drive away from Brockley Cemetery and trying to plan a trip but firstly trying to locate graves to visit.
I have a GG Louisa Adelaide Sheppard [nee Bale] born 1878 & Died 1921 and buried in section Z plot 344.
I think I have found the section on a small map but it looks completely overgrown compared to the rest of the cemetery.
Does anyone know if there are lots of headstones in that section?
Or is anyone able to locate it for me and take a picture of it?