Author Topic: COMPLETED THANK YOU. HELP PLEASE Doris FERGUSON date of birth, marriage, death  (Read 7527 times)

Offline princess41

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COMPLETED THANK YOU. HELP PLEASE Doris FERGUSON date of birth, marriage, death
« on: Wednesday 22 February 12 02:20 GMT (UK) »
I need some help in locating dates of relatives long gone.

I am unable to find a date of birth for Doris Ferguson.  I think it could be around 1913. 

I have her on the 1937 electoral roll at 8 Glen Street, Highgate Hill Brisbane.

Her Father was Colin Ferguson and her mother Amy Wasley. 

I think she had some involvement with a man whose surname was Blakie and maybe she married a Mr. Chambers.  Any help on all this would be appreciated as I can't find anything.

Also I posted a look up for Peter Henry Ferguson (2 brothers)  and still cannot find a record of his death after searching for days.  His last address on the Electoral Roll was 1949 at Iron Street, Gympie.  He was born 1.12.1886.

Thank you all you wonderful folk.

Glenys

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE Doris Ferguson date of birth, marriage, death
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 02:23 GMT (UK) »
.... Also I posted a look up for Peter Henry Ferguson (2 brothers)  and still cannot find a record of his death after searching for days.  His last address on the Electoral Roll was 1949 at Iron Street, Gympie.  He was born 1.12.1886.

I think this would be the thread re that look up request

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,582738.0.html

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 02:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Have you checked the online index for Qld BDM

I see there is a birth for a Doris FERGUSON in 1913, father Colin and mother Amy Wasley.   #C11103

ADDING,  birth date would be 14 April 1913 (tip, the website allows for dates within a year to be deduced by elimination, so I tried 01/01/1913 to 30/6/1913, then to 31/3/1913, then altered that to 01/04/1913 to 30/6/1913, and then to 15/5/1913, and then to 15/4/1913, and etc)

https://www.bdm.qld.gov.au/IndexSearch/queryEntry.m?type=births

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Online valerie kehoe

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 February 12 05:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi ....  in case it helps... the 'Ryerson Index' (on-line) has a death for a Doris  Ferguson age 93 .. 2005...and also a Doris Ann Chambers d 1981 age 70yrs.  'Ryerson's do look-ups from these newspaper death notices.

(Maybe 'Ryerson's has more of your 'Ferguson's - I did see a possible Peter)

Valerie
Lond.//Kent/Surrey  Bryan  
Cork (Dunmanway) O'Brien
London//Lambeth    Small   Muggeridge 
L'pool /Preston.       Kehoe  McDonough  Coupe  
Suffolk                     Rowe   Mortimer   Mowle

Online ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 February 12 11:28 GMT (UK) »

Doris Ann Chambers d 1981 age 70yrs.  'Ryerson's do look-ups from these newspaper death notices.

The above lady is not her:

Doris Ann CHAMBERS age 70yrs who died 28 Feb1981 late of South Kempsey is registered on the NSW BDM with the parents George Walker & Elizabeth Mary #101542

Offline princess41

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 February 12 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks all. I don't think any of those links helps me locate Doris but I very much appreciate your help.

I heard last night that Doris married a seaman whose name was Monty (maybe Montague) Chambers.  They lived in Queensland and someone looked after her before she died in Queensland.  I don't know anything about Monty and the last thing I remember of Doris was when she turned up at our home one night when I was small and there was a huge argument at the front door.  That must have been in the late 1950's.  She was my Dad's sister and she liked a drink.  The exact opposite to our family.  Perhaps my parents kept in touch but we heard no more of her and because my parents died 35 years ago we don't know what became of her.

I still cannot locate Peter Henry Ferguson's death.  If you die there has to be a record of it, doesn't there?  Could it be they are not all listed? 

Glenys

Online valerie kehoe

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 24 February 12 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Glenys ...maybe you could try the 'State Library of Qld' (on-line) ..it has an 'Ask a Librarian' service ..they will check their records including electoral rolls (past & present) and newspaper death notices.  (all State libraries offer same service).  They may be able to trace Doris .... and Peter....  worth a try.  Valerie
Lond.//Kent/Surrey  Bryan  
Cork (Dunmanway) O'Brien
London//Lambeth    Small   Muggeridge 
L'pool /Preston.       Kehoe  McDonough  Coupe  
Suffolk                     Rowe   Mortimer   Mowle

Offline princess41

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 25 February 12 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val

I think that is a very good idea.  Thanks for that suggestion.

Glenys

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 26 February 12 00:06 GMT (UK) »
  If you die there has to be a record of it, doesn't there?  Could it be they are not all listed?   

Princess, 

The Qld BDM online index covers up to 1964 for deaths,  upto 1934 for marriages and upto 1914 for births.   The main reason that more recent events are not listed ONLINE is to do with privacy for those persons named on the more recent certificates, not just the main person named, but all the others named too.   The events are being registered, just NOT DISPLAYED on the online index.

If you are sure that Doris and/or Peter died in Qld and yet you have not found them listed on the indexes, then perhaps it is simply that the registrations are still within the closure periods set by the Qld BDM regulations. 

Of course there will be many instances of errors on any index, and I am sure that QLD's ONLINE bdm index has flaws.  I know from personal experience that there are flaws in the NSW BDM online index. 

I noticed that on another of your threads you commented that you were expecting the Qld State Library to reply to you in May, (ie several months time)....

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,582738.msg4343060.html#msg4343060
"I have checked all the links.  I have been doing research in Queensland for years but sometimes a hit a brick walll and this is yet another.  I sent a request off to the State Library as someone suggested but it may take up to May to get a reply back, if anything.  In the meantime I kepp searching & searching"

Cheers,  JM