Author Topic: Anderson Family - Six Mile Cross  (Read 9946 times)

Offline sccond

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anderson Family - Six Mile Cross
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 February 12 00:40 GMT (UK) »
All the information I have is second hand from people who did research into the early pioneers of Ontario Canada so I can't vouch for it's authenticity. Was hoping to get some proof myself.

Those are the sibling names that I have. It looks like William, Benjamin and Robert emmigrated to Canada for sure.

Also two half siblings, "Big" James Anderson, b-1793 in Co. Tyrone; also emmigrated to Canada and Irvine/Irwin Anderson, b-1795.

Like I said though, nothing documented....

Off to FamilySearch.

Thanks!!!
Bentley-Lancs & West Yorkshire, Schofield- Lancs, Cooke & Abbott-Northamptonshire & Canada, Smith & Careless-Staffs, Stewart-Scotland & Canada, Hamill-Ireland, Canada & Maine

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 February 12 01:12 GMT (UK) »
so you can't vouch for it's authenticity..yet! LOL

Hopefully someone might recognize some of the data you posted! http://goo.gl/aVULk is quite possibly the church their records could be!

Mary Anderson of 6milecross here...  http://goo.gl/L7cww

McKEOWN/ANDERSON:  http://goo.gl/hq60P

William McKeown born circa 1838, married Jane ANDERSON at Sixmilecross 31 May 1857. Sixmilecross Church of Ireland marriage record states: William McKeown from the townland of Ballintrain and a Jane Anderson from the townland of Remackin on May 31st 1857. Father of William McKeown is William Mckeown, Labourer; Father of Jane Anderson is Joseph Anderson Labourer. Witnesses: John Anderson and Daniel Droogan Parish of Termonmaguirke...Incumbent - Andrew Christie
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline sccond

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 February 12 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much!! What a lovely church.  I will have to look closely at the links you sent and my info to see if there is any matches. I am out for the day, so this will give me something to do tonight!

Thanks again, Lisa
Bentley-Lancs & West Yorkshire, Schofield- Lancs, Cooke & Abbott-Northamptonshire & Canada, Smith & Careless-Staffs, Stewart-Scotland & Canada, Hamill-Ireland, Canada & Maine

Offline RachelBuller111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 July 12 23:08 BST (UK) »
Hey sorry if i dont get this right but its my first time using a forum, but i have been Researching my family tree for about 5 years now and am conneted to Andersons of Sixmilecross on my mothers side.  I have a family tree online however it includes my mothers and fathers side of the family.  If you follow my mother line it will take you through  some of the Andersons of sixmilecross. warning it gets a bit  ??? complicated as there is marriage between families especially early on in the tree.  i hope the link works  :) http://www.myheritage.com/site-143482081/bell-erson

Offline sccond

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 July 12 23:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much!! I will have a go at it.  I am still pretty new to this and the whole Irish research seems so overwhelming that I really havent looked much. And all I really know is that my GGG Grandfather was William Anderson who appartently came to Canada from Sixmilecross. Any info I have gotten has been from other researchers. But I will take a look to see if I can figure out if it is the same Anderson's.

Thanks again, Lisa

Offline sccond

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 July 12 00:03 BST (UK) »
Rachel,

do I have to be a member of myheritage to view your tree??

Offline RachelBuller111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 July 12 15:46 BST (UK) »
i am not to sure, i think if you sign in as a guest user you can view it. its free.

Offline sccond

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 24 November 12 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Rachel,

I'm just going back and looking at my Anderson's and looking at your tree. I'm looking at your Benjamin Anderson and wondering where you got the death info (Quebec-scurvy)? Trying to piece this family together..

Thanks, Lisa

Offline Dale john

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 10 January 23 07:03 GMT (UK) »
hi im related to james anderson born 1808 in county tryrone wife is elizabeth cochrane 1810 1894