Author Topic: Olive Pearson marriage to John Jackson Clent 1833  (Read 7157 times)

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Olive Pearson marriage to John Jackson Clent 1833
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 February 12 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Linell  :)
Calow Clowne, Eaton, Bott, Derbyshire, Airey, Cleasby, Cannon, Willis, North Yorkshire, Kelk, Ogley, Sharp, Gillot, Jillott, Ibberson, Littlewood, Watson, Eyre, Townend, Booth, Ambler, Hanson, Kenyon, Sellars/Sellers, Yorkshire, Skidmore, Parker, Nottinghamshire, Walker, Earl, Howard Cambridgeshire, Halden Milwich Staffordshire and Brent Pelham Hertfordshire,

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 05 March 12 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Did you get anywhere with this?

I'm also looking for James' birth 1783/4 Delph Staffordshire, nothing on IGI seems to quite fit the bill.  ???
Calow Clowne, Eaton, Bott, Derbyshire, Airey, Cleasby, Cannon, Willis, North Yorkshire, Kelk, Ogley, Sharp, Gillot, Jillott, Ibberson, Littlewood, Watson, Eyre, Townend, Booth, Ambler, Hanson, Kenyon, Sellars/Sellers, Yorkshire, Skidmore, Parker, Nottinghamshire, Walker, Earl, Howard Cambridgeshire, Halden Milwich Staffordshire and Brent Pelham Hertfordshire,

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 07:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jopeg, am going next week, have been busy etc.  You have to book in, you can't just go, will be in touch, best wishes from Linell.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks

I am grateful for whatever or whenever you can manage, you are allowed to have a life!

Wasn't sure how I'd left it.

:)

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Did you get anywhere with this?

I'm also looking for James' birth 1783/4 Delph Staffordshire, nothing on IGI seems to quite fit the bill.  ???

There is a baptism for James Pearson about 1780, Parents Oliver Pearson and Susannah, just wondered if daughter Olive could have been named after her Grandfather?  Linell.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 08 March 12 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Maybe, would he give a consistently wrong age on the census though? I'm also interested in an Ambrosea Pearson, had two illegitimate children Joseph Thompson Pearson (died young) born @ 1768 and a Samuel born 1766. She went on to marry a Samuel Tomson and gave birth to another son James Thompson.

I am thinking there may be some connection because of the name Ambrosea and the Ambrose you mentioned earlier.

Wonder what her siblings were called?

If Samuel (1766) had any offspring and what they were called? He could just about be James' father if James born 1783 or 4?

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 08 March 12 19:20 GMT (UK) »
I don't suppose James knew just when he was born, they were illiterate back then and many of them didn't  know just when they were born.  James lived to a great age for that time, I dare say his memory was not very good either.  The Oliver line goes back, there is James born about 1780, his father was Oliver born 1734, his father was Oliver born 1696.  Didn't find anymore Ambrose's.  When I get to look up the Marriage next week, hopefully one of the Witnesses will be a Pearson, will be in touch, Linell.

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 08 March 12 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. I suppose birthdays were of no significance then, so age wasn't either. I always think it is sad when you see "their mark" on a certificate.

I was happy to see that Esther Dimmock and Enoch Dunn witnesses to Olive Pearson and John Jackson's marriage, married each other and both lived to a good old age.  :)

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 09 March 12 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Yes Enoch and Esther Dunn, also lived in Quarry Bank, Enoch was Christened at Park Lane Chapel, so the families must have been close.  Linell.