Author Topic: george peter sinclair  (Read 3465 times)

Offline mjac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
george peter sinclair
« on: Monday 27 February 12 16:00 GMT (UK) »
i am looking for george  peter sinclair who was born in  orphir orkney isles scotland 1896 and moved to canada about 1924 with wife jemima wards  sinclair and 2 children thora and william  have been told he died in hamilton  wentworth ontario   the ss athenia is the ship he arrived on
with his sister charlotte and mother mary and wife jemima  but any info  would be good
drever cursiter peace leslie towrie paterson  from orkney charlton sparks kerr young graham from   cumberland and dumfriesshire pirie velian from  orkney and aberdeenshire leslie and malcolmson  from fair isle  shetland

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: george peter sinclair
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 February 12 17:17 GMT (UK) »
George Peter arrived on the Athenia before his wife.  He arrived July 1923 going to his brother-in-law, John Wylie, 88 Sherwood Ave. St. Catherine's, Ontario.

Jemima, and children arrived 19 Oct 1924 on the Athenia going to rejoin father and husband in Hamilton. 

http://ocfa.islandnet.com/ocfa-search.php
George P. and Jemima are buried Woodlawn Cemetery Hamilton

Debbie

Offline mjac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 February 12 19:27 GMT (UK) »
thank you for the info will  have a look at that tonight  its for my pirie tree i am doing for my partner fred
drever cursiter peace leslie towrie paterson  from orkney charlton sparks kerr young graham from   cumberland and dumfriesshire pirie velian from  orkney and aberdeenshire leslie and malcolmson  from fair isle  shetland

Offline mjac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 March 12 15:59 GMT (UK) »
found him in woodland cemetary county of wentworth east flamborough  just  need dates now and perhaps some nice person would take a photo as im in  orkney isles scotland  no so easy for me

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 March 12 01:24 GMT (UK) »
We don't have a lot of people who are willing to make treks out for cemetery photos
But using this information
 Jemima Sinclair {Minnie}  and George P. Sinclair share the same number as one unnamed Sinclair, perhaps an unnamed baby... Woodland Cem/ Wentworth /Flamborough East   HM-330-1

Following the information on the site HM you can write here:
                   Hamilton Branch, OGS
                   P.O. Box 904, LCD 1
                   Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
                   L8N 3P6
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 17 March 12 01:26 GMT (UK) »
The site made me two postings when I went to modify...so I'll just leave this line on this one
Or you could try research services email here: http://www.ogs.on.ca/hamilton/contact1.html
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline mjac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 March 12 10:26 GMT (UK) »
thankyou for all your help will get my partner to write as george was his great uncle