Author Topic: HUTCHINSON, Ballymena area  (Read 4465 times)

Offline sunseeker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HUTCHINSON, Ballymena area
« on: Thursday 28 December 06 09:30 GMT (UK) »
I understand a lot of Irish records were destroyed by fire, and so I require assistance as to where I should go from here.
I am searching for Hutchinson’s that are associated with one of these places in Ireland. Kirkinriola, Ballymena, Co Antrim.
The following were born in this part of Ireland.
Andrew Hutchinson who married Jane Miller about 1782. They had a son Andrew born about 1790-99 at Ballymena. Were there other children?
This son married about 1820  Esther McNeice who was born Feb 1802 at Ballymena. Her Father was James McNeice and the mother is mentioned as Martha.
Both Father and son were listed as a boot and shoemaker.  Esther McNeice, was the daughter of James McNeice (brickmaker) and Martha
Andrew and Esther's children were Mary, Archibald, Matilda, Robert, Andrew, Sarah Jane and Henry 
Andrew, Esther and their children left  Belfast in 1838 for Sydney On board the ship "Garrow" Under the care of Andrew were Sarah Ann, niece to Esther ( Mcneice)  her age was below 18yrs a sister Mary aged 18 , who came from Belfast ,was also under the care of Andrew Hutchinson. She was listed as daughter of John and Nancy (He was a reedmaker) Mary was listed as a dressmaker.
There were a number of other McNeices on board. Another passenger was Margaret Ellis under the care of a relative. She came from the County of Antrim She married Archibald not long after their arrival in Sydney.
Hutchinson / Miller / McNeice
Co. Antrim, Kirkinriola, Ballymena

Offline sunseeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HUTCHINSON, Ballymena area
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 January 07 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone come across this family in their research?                                Andrew Hutchinson born 1799 at Ballymnena his father was Andrew Hutchinson,(boot/shoemaker) and Mother, Jane Miller who lived in Antrim area.

I would like to know if they had other children and where in Antrim these details could be found.

The son Andrew married Esther McNeice who was born Feb 1802 in Ballymena. Esther’s parents were James and Martha McNeice. James was a brickmaker.

Andrew and Esther had 7 children Mary Jane, born 26Feb 1821, Archibald b. 22/Nov 1822, Matilda b. 14Jan 1824, Robert b. 24dec 1827, Andrew b. 12Aug 1829., Sarah Jane b Jan 1832, and Henry b 12Aug 1834. It appears that they were Presbyterians. IThey are listed as being born at Kirkinriola, Ballymena, Co Antrim Ireland
The family emigrated from Ireland to Australia in 1838/9 on the ship Garrow

There is a thought that Andrew was an Elder at the First Presbyterian Church in Ballymena.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 August 07 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi sunseeker,

You say "Andrew Hutchinson married Jane Miller about 1782. They had a son Andrew born about 1790-99 at Ballymena. Were there other children?" Unless my maths is wrong there's a gap of about seventeen years from about 1782 to about 1799. It's fairly safe to assume there probably were other children. Did you succeed in finding any in your search through the BMDs at PRONI?

Christopher

Offline sunseeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hutchinson / Hutcheson Antrim
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 July 11 21:46 BST (UK) »
Looking for information or links about the Hutchinson family in years 1750-1840  from around Ballymena / Kirkinriola / Craigs or further out. They would have been Presbyterians. Some  family members were boot and shoemakers. As per usual the name may have various spellings.

Offline sunseeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hutchinson
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 February 12 03:40 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information re Hutchinson from Ireland, Particularly the Ballymena to Ballymoney from years 1700  T0 1900. Have come across a brickwall on my  line being Andrew Hutchinson, Jane Miller and Esther McNiece  living in or around Ballymena in 1820,

Offline Colinm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Have you seen this man around Ballymena recently?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 April 13 17:05 BST (UK) »
In my family tree I have a Robert Hutchinson B 1791 D 1882, a farmer who lived in Clogher which is several miles north of Ballymena.  Any connection?
Co. Antrim ...Porter, Moore, Harper, Latham, Mulholland, Manson, Craig, McNeill, Steele, Simpson, Scullion, Black, Larkin, Ramsay, Letson, Marks, McBride, , Jamieson, Robb, Cuningham, Mc(C)Lean, Johnston, Huggins, Hilton.
Co. Down ...Purse, Manson, Hay, Russell, Barrons.
Co. Armagh...Robinson.
Co. Donegal ..Johnston, Bustard, Funston, Elvin, Wilson, Harron, Hume, Scott, Griffith, Kee, Forsythe
Co. Fermanagh ..Funston, Keys.
Co. Tyrone.. Bustard, Funston.

Offline Dianne_h

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 30 December 18 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi i am a descendant of Henry hutchinson, located in Australia. I'm very interested to know more about your family line. Do you have any photos of Henry?
Dianne

Offline Cheryl H

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 14 September 19 02:28 BST (UK) »

HI, i have found your post from quite a few years ago. I am married to a Decendent, Ross Hutchinson (Australia) to the Hutchinsons from Ballymena Co Antrim.  I was wondering if you actually found out any more information on Andrew and Jane Hutchinson. I have not been able to find any information on these two. I have the family tree (in most part) from their Son Andrew but that is it. We are going to Ireland in Aug 2020 to Ballymena so would love to find if there are still relative living in the area.

Cheryl Hutchinson - Victoria - Australia

@sunseeker

I am searching for Hutchinson’s that are associated with one of these places in Ireland. Kirkinriola, Ballymena, Co Antrim.

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 14 September 19 21:35 BST (UK) »
Cheryl H
              I suggest that you do a PM to Sunseeker. As it is a vey old post they may not be watching Rootschat. To do that click on the name Sunseeker on the left of the post They will receive an email message.
 Wyanga
Ireland: Taylor, Clark, Doyle, Pollock,Boyle
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 
Scotland: Campbell, McNaughtan, McKellar