Author Topic: Elizabeth Williams nee Flannagan  (Read 6905 times)

Offline atella

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Williams nee Flannagan
« on: Thursday 01 March 12 12:05 GMT (UK) »
All I know about my Great Grandmother is:-

Elizabeth Williams was born in Wolverhampton. She was the daughter of Elizabeth Williams (nee Flanagan) and William Williams.

Elizabeth Flanagan Williams was the daughter of Michael Flanagan who came to Birmingham in the 1840's from Roscommon, Ireland and was a mattress maker/upholsterer. He married Ann Latham and had three daughters.

I know nothing about William Williams.

If anyone can help with any extra information about Elizabeth Flanagan and Michael Flanagan  it would be great.

Many thanks for any further details.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Williams nee Flannagan
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 March 12 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello again  :)

You haven't put any guidance dates except the 1840s or made it really clear whether you are looking for Flanagan or Williams information.

1851 has your Michael (I think) with brother John and sister Lydia - is that him?

Free BMD has a marriage where Ann Latham and Isaac Flanagan are possible spouses - 1852 Birmingham. Is that the right one?

Do you have the marriage certificate which would give Michael's father's name?

regards
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline atella

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 March 12 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Apology for my confusion. I had information of the Flanagans from a stranger and found it months later tried to  make contact and was unsuccessful.

I only know that your correct about all the information you have shown 1851 and 1852 details and I never did have a marriage certificate.

I am not doing very well today found in my notes should have mentioned
Michael Flanagan, his wife Ann, and daughters Elizabeth, Catherine and Helena Annie who lived on Stafford St., Wolverhampton in 1871. Michael was a mattress maker, born in Rosscommon, Ireland about 1833.

It is the Elizabeth Williams nee Flanagan I am interested in.

many thanks

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 March 12 08:08 GMT (UK) »
You have Elizabeth's parents details.
If you get her marriage certificate, that would give you William's father's name.
I am not sure how helpful this would be, as I can't see William before marriage.
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/ has the marriage indexes.
I can only see him with Elizabeth in 1881 and 1891 and Ireland is his birthplace.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wolfie58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 November 12 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Im unsure if it were I who made contact with you some time back?

My 3rd Great Grandfather was Patrick (John) Flanagan and his brother was Michael Isaac Flanagan to whom you are referring...their sister was Lydia.

I did trace Michael to Wolverhampton and came to the conclusion that he married Ann Latham.

Patrick started the Mattress Business with his brother Michael in Birmingham c1850; and amidst some anti Irish trouble during mid to late 1850's, Patrick upped sticks and went to Dudley to start his Mattress Business around 1870 in Stone Street.

Im unsure whether Michael was involved in the business at that point because he was living in Wolverhampton during 1871 census.

You may wish to contact me *

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to protect against spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility. See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline wolfie58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 November 12 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Im unsure if it were I who made contact with you some time back?

My 3rd Great Grandfather was Patrick (John) Flanagan and his brother was Michael Isaac Flanagan to whom you are referring...their sister was Lydia.

I did trace Michael to Wolverhampton and came to the conclusion that he married Ann Latham.

Patrick started the Mattress Business with his brother Michael in Birmingham c1850; and amidst some anti Irish trouble during mid to late 1850's, Patrick upped sticks and went to Dudley to start his Mattress Business around 1870 in Stone Street.

Im unsure whether Michael was involved in the business at that point because he was living in Wolverhampton during 1871 census.

You may wish to contact me

Offline wolfie58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 26 January 13 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have some more information regarding Williams family...just unearthed.

Just been speaking to John Roy Flanagan, and between us we worked out that a Louie Lewis who married a Mr Lewis lived in Sedgley, was a cousin of the Love's (Flanagan) who lived in Oakham. She was daughter of Elizabeth Williams nee Flanagan - Catherine Louisa Williams married John Lewis in 1917.

Jon