Author Topic: completed - Advice on Family Tree Maker 2012 please  (Read 1285 times)

Offline portybelle

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
completed - Advice on Family Tree Maker 2012 please
« on: Thursday 01 March 12 15:55 GMT (UK) »
I recently used Tesco vouchers to 'buy' Family Tree Maker 2012 platinum version. As well as effectively costing me nothing, I was pleased to see that it included a free six month ancestry premium membership. It also automatically syncs the trees when I make an amendment which saves a lot of work.

So I have uploaded the tree onto it but have discovered a couple of issues I was hoping some clever Rootschatters could help with. There is a wee fat book comes with the FTM pack but as usual, you can never find exactly what you're looking for!

Firstly, I previously kept my tree on My Heritage's Family Tree Builder with a copy on Ancestry. When I have uploaded the gedcom, all my notes have vanished!! Is there a way to copy them over does anyone know? When I created the gedcom, it should have included the notes (the box was ticked) but they're not there!

Secondly, I don't like the view I am getting on FTM. It only shows my direct ancestors in a pedigree view. To see brothers/sisters/children, I need to click on the person and a panel opens below. When I look at my tree on ancestry I have a choice between pedigree and family. Is there a button I'm missing on FTM to have a family view?

Hope that all makes sense and that someone can help. Thanks!

Update - ignore this. Notes have all appeared again!!
East Lothian/Midlothian
Cowe, Cameron, Storie/Storey, Powell,
McCaskell, Kane/Cain, Howden, Duncan

For OH: East Lothian Ayrshire
Baird, Kyle, Reilly, Routledge
Mackie,Wallace, Wood, Dickson, Burrell, Brown, Darling