Author Topic: Good old Google  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Good old Google
« on: Sunday 04 March 12 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Struggling to find people in my Sutherland side and running out of credits and cash...  I decided to Google the name just in case .... and wow.

Up it came...

My Robt. Sutherland born 1830 married Ann Finnie  and I know quite a bit about the pair, and have relevant certs (well nearly all??) with lots of help on here  (thank you)  but decided to sort their offspring... well there are circa 11 of them!?!?!?!   :-[ ??? ::)
Mary 1853   cannot find anything?
Robert 1855 My paternal line 'deffo' and have loads on him again with help (bless you all)
Ann 1855...  Nothing..... :-X
John... 1857  I found his marriage to Agnes Kidd.. and then a census or two with childrens names
and so searched his son William and WOWOWO lots of info smashing luvly great.  William Kidd Sutherland
lots to do now on him the reason I know its my line is cos the address is the same address as the informant on Robrts death cert.. son John informant ... same address as William Kidd Sutherland was living at.  Surely thats a definate link?

there are still  7 of Johns (Williams father) siblings to sort... but I am pleased so far
-

William has 3 siblings still to sort.. so its ongoing and on and on... need to clear my head.. and rethink.

but happy

xin

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Good old Google
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 March 12 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Xinia  :)

Looks like Mary Sutherland is with her parents in 1881 unmarried(father shoemaker b. Glasgow ?)
SP has a death for a Mary Sutherland 1932 Dunfermline Fife , born c1853
I've ran through the alphabet but can't get another surname so I suspect that this Mary never married  :-\

The 1911 census(index) has Mary Sutherland age 58 Dunfermline Fife , possibly living with Robert Sutherland age 79(her father ?)

Looks like Mary is with her father in 1891 and 1901 , no sign of her mother(died 1887 ?)

ev

Added - SP has a death for Anne Sutherland 1856 Dunfermline Fife born c1855  :(

Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 March 12 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Wow bless you thanks 'ev' will check out what you have found...brilliant.  Yes I have Annes death for that date.  Will check that death for Ann...  :-[

I have sorted George out - due to another lucky break.. on Ann (Nays?) sutherland b.c. page.. there was also a birth of a daughter to a George Sutherland and Mary Johnston, so I checked SP for a marriage and yes its my George  (son of Robert and Ann Finnie) brilliant I am having a run of luck on this lot at bllooooomin last...
 ::)

;) :)

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 March 12 20:15 GMT (UK) »
So that is that lot sorted   thanks again for invaluable help...

sadly it was my little Ann - she died of congestion of the membranes of the brain....how awful.

I then found Margaret Dunn Sutherland married to a John McDonald...
So thats all  Robert and Ann finnen/ey/ies kids sorted excellent.... fantastic.

xin
xxxxx