Author Topic: 1850 Census John Milton Sargent + Elizabeth Huntington  (Read 1467 times)

Offline RanneFraser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1850 Census John Milton Sargent + Elizabeth Huntington
« on: Monday 05 March 12 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hiya! Complete longshot, but i'm hoping someone has information regarding John Milton Sargent. I'm unable to find his marriage license to Elizabeth Huntington or their 1850 census(i completely read through the Weare census, not sure if some is missing though?).

The information i do have:

Elizabeth Huntington was born 1813 in Weare, New Hampshire to Abner Huntington and Deborah Boynton. I found her and her children on the 1860 census, but by that time John had died. He fell from a neighbor's roof in December 1853. On his children's marriage records, John was referred to as Milton. On his son's death record, he's known as Joseph M. He was probably born in Vermont. Unlike most New Hampshire records, i'm unable to find the children's birth records online or the parent's death records. I am going to go this week to the state research center to look for them.

Children of John + Elizabeth:

Maria born January 26, 1842
Ann Maranda born September 20, 1844 m Hiram Gilman 1875
john Milton Jr born October 21, 1847 m Etta Fish 1867
Frank B P born 1849?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (cross-posted to Ancestry message board, which was no help lol)
Denbighshire - Thomas
Flintshire - Humphreys
Anglesey - Michael
Monmouthshire - Davies, Jones
Sussex - Lintott, Cole, Bulbeck
Kent - Wanstall, Relph
Lancashire - Collins, Shepley/Shipley, Saddler
Cheshire - Leedham/Leedom/Lydem, Perkins