Author Topic: Photo attatchement's  (Read 1007 times)

Offline pete11

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Photo attatchement's
« on: Friday 16 March 12 11:29 GMT (UK) »
New to this site however managed to post a picture yesterday to a topic but was unable today, know about file size etc, but when I press add photo, it's not even giving me the option to choose via my browser?

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Photo attatchement's
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 March 12 11:45 GMT (UK) »
I think it is because you cannot post pictures on the 'look up' boards   :)

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Plummiegirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me, Dad, Granddad & G/gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 March 12 14:28 GMT (UK) »
I posted 5 photos on the Common Room board a few days ago.  No problem.

Could it be you have not made enough posts?

Try contacting one of the moderators for the board you wish to post your photos to.

Fleming (Bristol) Fowler/Brain (Battersea/Bristol)    Simpson (Fulham/Clapham)  Harrison (W.London, Fulham, Clapham)  Earl & Butler  (Dublin,New Ross: Ireland)  Humphrey (All over mainly London) Hill (Reigate, Bletchingly, Redhill: Surrey)
Sell (Herts/Essex/W. London)

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 March 12 14:31 GMT (UK) »
New to this site however managed to post a picture yesterday to a topic but was unable today, know about file size etc, but when I press add photo, it's not even giving me the option to choose via my browser?

It can't possibly be that the OP hasn't made enough posts if they managed to post a photo yesterday  ;)

More likely to be the reason that Rosie gave earlier,that they are trying on a look up board where there isn't the option to post pics  ;D

Was it on this look up board Pete?
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,356967.msg4385277.html#msg4385277

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 16 March 12 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Carol's right...not all boards have the facility to post images...your best plan would be to send a P.M. asking if they would like the images emailing to them.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline pete11

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 16 March 12 16:03 GMT (UK) »

It can't possibly be that the OP hasn't made enough posts if they managed to post a photo yesterday  ;)

More likely to be the reason that Rosie gave earlier,that they are trying on a look up board where there isn't the option to post pics  ;D

Was it on this look up board Pete?
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,356967.msg4385277.html#msg4385277

Carol
Yes that's right Carol,