Author Topic: mary treadwell married Frank Symonds 1880  (Read 3986 times)

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: mary treadwell married Frank Symonds 1880
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 17 March 12 16:01 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)

Good luck!

I see you've tried this before:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,551091.10.html

I really don't think Mary (Trodd) Deadman was free to marry.

I may be crazy but the child with them (Mary Jane) in 1871 looks an awful lot like the Jane who married Samuel Dr"dge. In 1901 and 1911 they are with a George D*man.

Maureen

Offline monalott

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 18 March 12 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Jooles  has supplied me with details of Mary Treadwell which I have followed & now I think I truly was going up a blind alley with this name.The husband Frank of THIS Mary was born a few years before the Frank Symonds I am related to & his birthplace is given as different too.Many thanks for all your comments,but it`s back to the drawing board for me.Yes indeed I have tried previously Maureen with another (Mary) name I was given.I shall now do as Carol suggests,& send for one of the children`s birth certificates.

Offline Mike Deadman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 08 September 19 17:48 BST (UK) »
I may be muddying your waters unnecessarily - my apologies if  this is not relevant - but I have a cousin Harriet Deadman b.1877 Northfleet, Kent who married Richard Symons in 1893, Richard was from  Croydon. They had a son Richard who was born in Northfleet.

Hi all

I know the thread is old but I've only just found and joined the group. 

My great great grandfather was Thomas Dedman (Deadman), presumably part of the Sussex Dedman family. He was born in Telscomb but moved to Fawkham,  Longfield,  Kent in the late 1700s.  He is presumably an ancestor of Harriet Deadman, mentioned by Moscatella.

I would be interested in the Sussex Dedman clan.  Thomas' father and grandfather were from Telscomb, married, I believe, to Mary Mitchener and Sarah? Sourk, respectively.

Best regards

Mike Deadman