Author Topic: Shipping Records  (Read 3391 times)

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Shipping Records
« on: Friday 16 March 12 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know were in Irelnad i can get Shipping records from the people that left Drogheda to go to america about 1845 1860 time periods im trying to find William Dignam he is on the Griffiths evulation for 1851.  William and his son James were at sea from 1846 - 1851 how do i find there records or is there a way i can get a baptism record for st marys church drogheda from 1820s to 1830 or is there any other sources for that tiem period

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Records
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 March 12 17:09 GMT (UK) »
1. Does anyone know were in Irelnad i can get Shipping records from the people that left Drogheda to go to america about 1845 1860 time periods ?
2. William and his son James were at sea from 1846 - 1851 how do i find there records ?

3......or is there a way i can get a baptism record for st marys church drogheda from 1820s to 1830 or is there any other sources for that tiem period ?

1. Few records remain of people leaving Ireland. It's usually better to try for arrival records in the US, although with such an early date these are likely to be difficult to locate and lacking much detail.

2. Most maritime records from this time would be in London - e.g. National Archives (Kew)

3. Assume you mean the RC St. Mary's - there is also a CofI parish with the same name. St. Mary's RC has baptism records back to 1835, no other earlier baptism records are known to exist for the parish.

These records are available in the National Library in Dublin (Film Pos. 4180), and LDS (Film 0926169). Transcripts of these records are also available on the pay-website at RootsIreland - note these appear under Co. Meath, which is where the parish is based.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Records
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 March 12 17:34 GMT (UK) »
I prob will be waiting a few years unitl they up date the ship records on ancestry website