Author Topic: *UPDATE :Huguenot Quarto series Vol. LIII (53)  (Read 10071 times)

Offline richarde1979

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: *UPDATE :Huguenot Quarto series Vol. LIII (53)
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 31 March 12 17:56 BST (UK) »
"How did you prove that Francis Bellenger was the same person as Julien Francois Bellenger? Was it the unusual surname?"

In my case it was fairly easy as the French church had added his first name on to his childrens baptisms at latter date, also his daughter presented his baptism certificate to the French Hospital when she entered there with his fulll name on it. But to all other intents and purposes he was known as Francis, he went to school under that name, was apprenticed under that name etc.

Of course Nicola is quite right to advise caution in jumping to the conclusion that there must be a Huguenot link since he married into the a Huguenot family, he may be native English. But it is interesting there was clearly Huguenot Ricords/Records around same area half a century earlier with Joseph Ricord. I can find no trace of him using the Huguenot churches..strange.
Bellenger, Sebire, Soubien, Mallandain, Molle, Baudoin - Normandy/London
Deverdun, Bachelier, Hannoteau, Martin, Ledoux, Dumoutier, Lespine, Montenont, Picard, Desmarets - Paris & Picardy/Amsterdam/London
Mourgue, Chambon, Chabot - Languedoc/London

Holohan, Donnelly, McGowan/McGoan - Leitrim, Ireland/Dundee, Scotland/London.

Gordon, Troup, Grant, Watt, McInnes - Aberdeenshire, Scotland/London

Offline Huguenot1

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 15 May 12 02:47 BST (UK) »
Greetings,

I found your posting by accident mentioning Volume LIII (53) for the French Huguenot Hospital. I have pdf copies of both files (52 & 53) if you would like me to send you copies of them or look anything up. I also have pdf files of most of the French Huguenot parish registers, if you would like copies or lookups.

Andrew.

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 15 May 12 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Huguenot

Welcome to Rootschat

We have to be very careful on Rootschat checking that offers for lookups are not from any copyrighted sources. If that is ok perhaps you could also post on the London and Middlesex look up offers board so your look up offer reaches as wide an audience as possible.

Thank you

Regards

Valda
Co-moderator London and Middlesex
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline richarde1979

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 16 May 12 00:47 BST (UK) »
Yes kind as this offer is Andrew, I would personally advise against it, the society's publications are mostly still in copyright, the French Hospital records certainly are being published in 1971. Some of the earliest church register transcriptions were published in the earliest days of the society, the 1890's and 1900's, so you may be okay on that front, I'm not sure though as the society itself says the following on it's website:

"No part of Huguenot Society publications may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission from the Huguenot Society"

Given this I have tried to be careful in my own various posts here and elsewhere assisting those with Huguenot ancestors not to actually offer any direct 'look ups' from their sources or reproduce any hospital or register entries unedited and in full, though of course I've quoted from them extensively, and it's always difficult to know exactly where that line is drawn.

To be fair to the Society they are a registered charity and a lot of hard work over decades has gone into creating these sources by members and volunteers, and making them available to members and non members alike. They are an excellent resource and in my opinion given that hard work are priced very reasonably.

Regards

Richard
Bellenger, Sebire, Soubien, Mallandain, Molle, Baudoin - Normandy/London
Deverdun, Bachelier, Hannoteau, Martin, Ledoux, Dumoutier, Lespine, Montenont, Picard, Desmarets - Paris & Picardy/Amsterdam/London
Mourgue, Chambon, Chabot - Languedoc/London

Holohan, Donnelly, McGowan/McGoan - Leitrim, Ireland/Dundee, Scotland/London.

Gordon, Troup, Grant, Watt, McInnes - Aberdeenshire, Scotland/London