Author Topic: 1901 birth/bap look up  (Read 4654 times)

Offline kimberlynn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 birth/bap look up
« Reply #36 on: Friday 13 April 12 08:28 BST (UK) »
with thanks for that, will do, k x
sephton/sefton, dutton, cooper, reynolds, hulme, mclean, lewell, austin, gerrard, brown.

Offline anonemouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 birth/bap look up
« Reply #37 on: Friday 13 April 12 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hello all.
For what it is worth,

I am related to the Birtwisle/Birtwisle families of the Northwich area of Cheshire. Going back to 1655 at Richard Birtwisle Whitegate.

My family moved to Castle Northwich, where Samuel Birtwisle born 1794 set up a provisions shop at the top of Castle Hill now the Weaver Gallery. My great grandfather, Samuel's youngest son Thomas Robinson Birtwisle was born at Castle 1841 and was a draper by trade. He married twice (sisters actually)

Owen Birtwisle Senior born 1833 was Samuel's nephew.  his father John born 1800 being Samuel's younger brother.

My PAF calculator give Elizabeth Alice Birtwistle as my first cousin once removed.

Lester Alan Birtwhistle has produced an updated version of the original version of the book

The Birtwistle family 1200-18550 AD the original work of the late W A Birtwistle of Accrington

and has recently added his tree to Ancestry.co.uk.

There are lots of links for the Cheshire families. on Ancestry.co.uk public family trees , census records BMD ect Find my past  parish records. and family search, plus Cheshire BMD plus more/

There is, as yet no proven link from the Lancashire families to the Cheshire family other than guesswork or preference  for any  possible theories.

kind regards
anonemouse