Author Topic: Who is Billy Evans?  (Read 1786 times)

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Who is Billy Evans?
« on: Thursday 05 April 12 18:10 BST (UK) »
Whilst listening to my mother tell me stories of my welsh ancestry, and speak of people I have never met, and delving into a very muddle family.  Cousins, 2nd cousins etc etc, into this catagory comes a name I have heard so many times before, but dont quite understand the relationship.  So I am hoping some one might be able to shed some light.
Margaret Austin married a Charlie (William?) Evans Dec q 1909 Bedwelty, they had as far as I know Billy, Sally & Alec.  Billy I am told, moved down to Bristol and worked on designing the Concorde plane.  I dont know how much of this is true but would love to find out firstly when he was born and if I have the correct parents?  From there maybe his marriage, and try and locate him once married maybe to Bristol?  Regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline cardiff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Billy Evans?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 April 12 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hi
Looked up
1901 census 4935/5/2
Maggie Austin b 1888 Nataglo Mon
If you look up 1911 for a maggie evans  info as above you will find the family.
Billy is William James born latter part of 1910  You will be unable to confirm birth because mothers name not  given till 1911.
 Both these births are aposs
William J Evans 3rd qtr vol 11a page 240
William J Evans 4th qtr vol 11a page 132
Both bedwellty and both 1910
I am unable to give you 1911 census due to copy right law.
hope this is of some help
cheers cardiff :)
All CensusTranscriptions are Crown Copyright

Read Wiltshire /Pontypridd
Dove Lincolnshire/Pontypridd/Cardiff
Barnhouse Cardiff/Pontypridd
Wilkes Shropshire/ Staffordshire/ Rhondda
Fletchers Staffordshire/ Glamorgan
Wright Somerset/ Glamorgan
Probert Cardigan/Rhondda/Shropshire
Jenkins Cardigan
Lewis Cardigan
Morgan Penderyn/Pontypridd
Stephens Penderyn
David Glamorgan
Whitby Forest Dean
Hughes Goodrich/Pontypridd
Jackson/Smith London /Kent/Glamorgan
Hughes Maesteg/Ynyshire

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Billy Evans?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 April 12 19:34 BST (UK) »
If the Concorde story is right, and the birth date is right, he's unlikely to be still alive, but the aircraft company is still going as BAE Systems and you never know whether an email to them would result in a response: http://www.baesystems.com/home
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan