Author Topic: James Chapman's Family, Abercorn *Completed*  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Dalesman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Chapman's Family, Abercorn *Completed*
« on: Sunday 22 April 12 17:32 BST (UK) »
I’m looking for information regarding my  Gt.Grandparents family and in particular where their children were born. His name was James Chapman b. 1839, Abercorn?  and his wife’s name was  Janet, nee Henderson. b. 1845 Dalmeny.
They had a Grandchild buried at Abercorn, Alice b. April 1903, d. July 1903, I would like to know who her parents were.
Any other information, occupations etc. regarding this family would be appreciated.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James Chapman's Family, Abercorn
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 April 12 17:37 BST (UK) »
James was also born 1845 according to the 1871 census

If you follow the instructions below - you will find their childrens births in Kirklinton, West Lothian

1881 shows one additional child - James aged 7mths b Abercorn

PARENT SEARCH ON IGI

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true

Input fathers name and surname and  mothers christian name  (in Scotland - also input mothers maiden name if known)

REGION – select British Isles from the menu

COUNTRY – select one or “All countries”

COUNTY (will appear when you select COUNTRY)  – select whichever matches what you know about the family

Click SEARCH

had a Grandchild buried at Abercorn, Alice b. April 1903, d. July 1903

Have you checked Scotlands People as that is the only website for that type of info
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)