Author Topic: Anzac Day 2012  (Read 5642 times)

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
Re: Anzac Day 2012
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 April 12 07:15 BST (UK) »
Remembering my grandfather and great uncles who all served on the Western front - and lived to tell the tale.

Also my Uncle and Aunt served in New Guinea and Middle East medical corps,  and Uncle served as Army Chaplain Middle East -

Also father who stayed home for his service - worked at Ammunition making depot in Melbourne.

We have much to thank them for.

Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline mmm45

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 April 12 08:23 BST (UK) »
http://www.cwgc.org/search-for-war-dead/casualty/2752407/SHEARD,%20S%20W

Remembering all the ANZAC lads past and present lost in the Service of their countries  especially Sapper Sheard buried in my local churchyard far from home but near his extended family.

Lest We Forget.

Ady
Lowe(Lower Gornall-Castleford)
Blackburn (Castleford)
Sidwell(Ledsham)
Fairburn(Hartshead)
Wood(Liversedge)
Tallon (Whittington Lancs/Hartshead West Yorkshire)

Researching all Great War soldiers from the Spen Valley of West Yorkshire Especially lads from the Cleckheaton Company of 1/4th West Riding Regiment.

Offline rileyjack1997

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 June 15 13:02 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I'm doing a military tasked assignment that focuses on a particular individual who served in the Royal Australian Air Force as a pilot and was subsequently killed upon takeoff in Vietnam.

I was fortunate enough to find that one of the members on this forum said they had family ties with this member.

I'm unsure about how this forum works but I would really like to get into touch with this member.

The research I am doing is to bring out one of Australia's less heard of airman; FLTLT Lancelot Cedric Haslope.

I would very muchly appreciate it if member GrahamSimons could somehow get in contact with me.

My email address is (*). If people can pass this message around that would be very helpful.

Thank you all very much.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline rileyjack1997

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 June 15 13:06 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I'm doing a military tasked assignment that focuses on a particular individual who served in the Royal Australian Air Force as a pilot and was subsequently killed upon takeoff in Vietnam.

I was fortunate enough to find that one of the members on this forum said they had family ties with this member.

I'm unsure about how this forum works but I would really like to get into touch with this member.

The research I am doing is to bring out one of Australia's less heard of airman; FLTLT Lancelot Cedric Haslope.

I would very muchly appreciate it if member GrahamSimons could somehow get in contact with me.

My email address is (*). If people can pass this message around that would be very helpful.

Thank you all very much.

Offline rileyjack1997

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 June 15 13:06 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Thank you all very much.

Offline bunkie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 14 June 15 13:21 BST (UK) »
Please don't forget the Canadian participation from Newfoundland.  Newfoundland sent the Royal Newfoundland Regiment and was the only unit from North America.
MATERNAL Bouldry, Benson, Armstrong, Estes, Harlow, Thompson, Sproule, Standish, Warren, Maxim, Wilbore, Woods, Lovejoy, Gurney, Bourne, Lindstrom, Sturtevant, McCallum
PATERNAL De Chambeau, Waters, Sullivan, Snell, Jennings, Morrison, Plestid, Roberts, McKenzie, O'Brien, Alden, Mullins, White, Stone, Neafus, Holman, Manning, King, Barton

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 June 15 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Riley , welcome

Just a few rules , no emails are allowed in the body of a post.

Now you have made 3 posts you can Private Message (PM) the person involved and get the info you wish ( if the member is still active. If not the Rootschat community will help as well  :)
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 14 June 15 14:06 BST (UK) »
"Remembering the boys who died and are buried in Fovant Church Wiltshire"

I visited England in 2003 and a cousin took me to Fovant to see the amazing regimental carved Badges up on the Fovant Down!  Incredible!

https://www.google.co.nz/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Fovant+badges

Remembering also all families of those who have given their service and their lives to their country.

I am very thankful not to have lost any members of my family.  My Dad served in the NZ Air Force, Laucala Bay, Suva, Fiji during WW2.  He was servicing Flying Boats.

Jeanne

"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections