Author Topic: Italy - Alfonso Tamburri  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Italy - Alfonso Tamburri
« on: Friday 27 April 12 05:02 BST (UK) »
Alfonso TAMBURRI (c.1879-1940) married my relative in 1912 in England (though they had their first child in about 1903). They appear on the 1911 UK census, on which Alfonso appears as age 31, birthplace Italy.

I have his marriage certificate (1912) which states he was 32, and his father was Michell Tamburri, a farm labourer.

I would like to find out a bit more about Alfonso's roots - his birthplace, parents, etc. But I've never tried looking for Italian records before and am not sure where to start looking.

Thanks
Alexander

Offline owd lad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Italy - Alfonso Tamburri
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 September 13 19:57 BST (UK) »
I have just found your message on rootchat.Iwas searching for my grandfathers name on google.Alfonso Tamburri was my granddad.I live in the UK and have done a bit of research on my family.If you want to get in touch please feel free.I have his birth certificate from Italy and have done a bit of research on Alice my grandmother.I did not know that there are distant relations in the UAS so it has come as a supprise.

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 September 13 14:14 BST (UK) »
Hi owd lad,

Thank you for your message, and sorry for the delay in replying (just moved across the country and haven't checked my email for a while).

I would be very interested in learning more about Alfonso's background, and can share the information I have about Alice and family.

To use the Personal Message system you need to have posted 3 times, so if you add a couple of posts here, we'll be set.

Regards
Alexander

Offline owd lad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 September 13 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Alexander.
Thank you for your reply and from what you tell me so far we may have a connection.As you can tell from my u/w I am not that young but try to keep my hand in on computers.The site is a bit confusing to me at the moment but I will do my best.I have visited the village in Italy where Alfonso came from and have been in touch with a women in Norwich who is my half cousin and has done research into her side of the family.I will explain better when we can be more in touch.
Regards
John

Offline owd lad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 September 13 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Alexander
I will have a good look into all my files tomorrow to see what I hope I can send to you.I have a couple of photos of Alfonso and a couple of Alice.I will let you know what I have been told about her and her girls she had before she met Alfonso.I am with Suzanne in Norwich( who is a distant half cousin) the only ones who have taken an interest into our history,so bear with us and lets hope we can put a few pieces together.
Regards
John

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 September 13 02:45 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

I've sent you a PM with my email address. I've certainly found quite a bit of conflicting information about Alice and her children, so I would be very interested to hear what you know.

Alexander

Offline owd lad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 16 September 13 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Alexander
Have just messed up the message I was sending you.Can you tell me if you received my email from Sunday.My email address is John.tamburri@ntlworld.com

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 16 September 13 19:18 BST (UK) »
Did he have a sister that also came over ?
Marie Tamburri
http://gw.geneanet.org/celmex?lang=en&v=TAMBURRI&m=N

the record is from Uxbridge ,UK ...any connection ??
http://en.geneanet.org/search/?name=tamburri&ressource=arbre
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline owd lad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 16 September 13 20:29 BST (UK) »
Sorry I don't know if he had a sister