Author Topic: Fisher and Craigie, where's Peter  (Read 6427 times)

Offline Anste

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fisher and Craigie, where's Peter
« on: Tuesday 01 May 12 03:56 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am still trying to trace our Peter Fisher's birth - stated on DC that his parents were John Fisher & Margaret Robertson, but we have not found him.  Ended up tracing  all the Peter Fishers born round 1798. (10) and have traced all of them except one.  Born to William Fisher & Christian Craigie in 1798. He was the sixth child.
Siblings were Margaret 1787, Alexander 1789, Christian 1791, William 1793 and Ann 1796.
Is there anyone out there that have this family in their tree and have any information about this Peter.
Just about scraping the bottom of the barrel now, Anne

Offline 86acres

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Fisher and Craigie, where's Peter
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 02:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi  I have Peter Fisher born abt 1793. Parents William Fisher 1759 - 1834 and Christian Craigie 1759 - 1854. Peter married to Catherine Crerar b.1806 in Kenmore. Their daughter Janet is my great grandmother. Her first marriage was to James Walker and they came to Ontario Canada. When he died she married my great grandfather William Houston [Hourston] who came from the Okneys.
If this is who you are looking for I will be happy to send you what I have.
Cheers
Jay

Offline Cambron

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 11:01 GMT (UK) »
On SP

24/02/1787 Patrick Fisher born to John Fisher and Margaret Robertson in Kilfinan Argyll.

Patrick and Peter were interchangeable in gaelic speaking areas. :)

Offline Anste

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 February 13 03:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jay, Just found your message. I don't have that Peter Fisher married to Catherine Crerar, will have to find my notes again, but do you have evidence of this.  I had found all the Peter Fishers born round 1798 and found each one down to the Peter born to William & Christian Craigie.

Hi Cambron, Have perused that Patrick Fisher in Argyl right through, he was too much older than our Peter anyway, it certainly wasn't the one we are looking for,
Thanks to both of you, sorry I am so slow, Annie

Offline Anste

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 25 February 13 05:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jay, I have the Peter Fisher who married Catherine Crerar as the son of Duncan Fisher & Kat McDiamid.  They also went to Canada.  If you put their names into Google you will find a family tree for Duncan & Kat. Either way that Peter is not mine, but it may help yourself, Annie

Offline 86acres

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annie
Sorry for this late response. If you will send my your email address to (*) I will be happy to send you the info I have and the sources.
Cheers
Jay

See post below.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Jay,  I have taken off your email from the last post. We have a rule here on RC not to have personal emails to protect our members from online abuses etc. We offer everyone, after 3 posts on the main forums, the option to use the Personal Message service (PMs) to exchange info of a personal nature and emails.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Anste

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 01:04 GMT (UK) »
Just one more message Jay, can't wait to find out about this Peter as there is another searcher and myself who have been looking for "our" Peter Fisher for some 20 years.
If you are correct then "our" Peter must have been a foundling as we have heard a couple of stories handed down.
Though that leaves the Peter who married Kat.McDiamid but he is not ours either.
Look forward to hearing from you, thanks Annie

Offline 86acres

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 28 February 13 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annie
My info started with Alexander Crerar and Janet McEwen on the web site Deep Roots and Tall Trees.
The Fisher info was on Ancestry. Also Peter and Janet are found in the Scottish census - 1841, 1851, and 1861 in Killin parish. 4 of their children are listed in 1841 census.
 Being a beginner in my family search I have taken the info at face value and haven't pursued varifying it yet.
Hope this is of help to you.
Cheers
Jay