Author Topic: George Richardson of Wroot  (Read 2188 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: George Richardson of Wroot
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 December 13 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi smross17, ;)
You will have to remove your email address, it's against the rules, it's to stop spam etc,
If you reply to my post, just say something along the lines of "Cheers Frank" or something like that you will probably have made enough posts to enable you to send simonetta a personal message.
Just click the edit button on your post to enable you to remove the email address  :)
Regards,
Frank.

Welcome to Rootschat by the way.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline smross17

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 13 December 13 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Frank! I had no idea it was "against the rules" to post my own email address. I had seen others posted so I didn't think anything of it. :)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 December 13 21:27 GMT (UK) »
No worries  ;)
Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline Anna1661

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 28 December 23 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi (again) Linda Simonetta

I have had another bash at identifying the correct Thomas Richardson
I went through all the Census records I have on my Ancestry and note that on two of them he is staying at Smedley's Hydro at the time of the census - the 1891 census alone (as a traveller in his Fine Art business) and secondly in 1901 with his wife and two of his daughters.

Interestingly in the 1891 census, he puts his middle name as Everett.... now having a middle name unusual as this I would have thought might help but this does not come up again anywhere that I can find - having re-searched the birth records - annoying that his Father was also Thomas and there are 4 Thomas' having sons called Thomas in the Doncaster district in 1842

However, that on his Marriage to Mary, he does say that his Father was a Farmer - which might indicate that Wroot is more likely. But also makes me wonder how a Farmers son becomes a wealthy Photographic Wholesaler then Art Dealer in London.

:)

Offline Anna1661

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 28 December 23 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello SM Ross
I am DNA matched with Simonetta and would also like to confirm my Thomas Richardson (and George), and I also have a couple of 'Grice' in my DNA matches which indicates the 3 of us are indeed connected.

:)