Author Topic: Jones in Pontypridd  (Read 3110 times)

Offline angel1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Jones in Pontypridd
« on: Friday 20 May 05 18:53 BST (UK) »
Please help
I am trying to research my family history. My father was born in Pontypridd in 1908, I have applied for his birth cert and that has given me his birth place, parents names and address.
My father was Edward Bennett Jones, date of birth 18.5.1908. All I know about his parents are their names, Bennett Jones and Ada Alice Jones (maiden name Evans) and that they lived at 10 Berw road.
I seem to now of hit a brick wall as I do not have any dates of birth for them.
I have done a search for Ada Alice Evans through Ancestry.com, it has come back with one match in marriages. All it tells me is that Ada Evans was married in Pottypridd in 1907, but im not sure if this is the right person as it does not give me the grooms name.
Could somebody please advise me, where to go from here now!!

Thanks
Becky
Jones, Evans
Pontypridd, swansea, barmouth

Offline Vicky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jones in Pontypridd
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 May 05 22:49 BST (UK) »
It is possible to order the Marriage Certificate specifying the GRO reference number and the bride & grooms names. If both names don't match the GRO reference number, then you will only be charged a fee of £3. If both names do match, you will be charged £7, and get the certificate sent to you... :)

Vicky.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Surnames: THOMAS, COPE, COOK(E), JONES!, HYBART, SELBY, HANSFORD, DAVIES, RICHARDS, HOARE, CRIDDLE, BROOM.
Counties: Glamorgan, Monmouth, Gloucester, Brecon, Hereford,

Offline angel1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jones in Pontypridd
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 May 05 10:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks Vicky
I have searched the 1901 census and found my grandfather and his parents, but can not find any trace of my grandmother, but i can find her through the marriage records!!

Thanks again
Becky

Jones, Evans
Pontypridd, swansea, barmouth