Author Topic: lool up plse  (Read 3585 times)

Offline rovert

• RootsChat Senior
  • grandad Ernest Judd 1880 - 1942
    • View Profile
lool up plse
« on: Monday 21 May 12 21:32 BST (UK) »
looking for death of edmund james kellie born poss 1890ish lived in renton then partic glasgow ive heard he went to america and poss come back also looking for children for edmund james kellie and wife annie oswald born arbroath any info would be great think he went to america 1924 ish
                    thanks in advance
Judd - Croydon Surrey<br />Venner, Coote - Beckenham, West Wickham, Bromley Kent<br />Shepston -  Westminster London Middlesex, Bristol<br />Knight - Deane & Andover Hampshire<br />Bull - Chimney sweeps, south of England<br />Bowles - Winterbourne Gunner & PlaitfordWiltshire<br />Kirby - Kings Somborne Hampshire<br />Winter - Plaitford & Landford Wiltshire<br />Arter - Plaitford & Sherfield English Hampshire<br />Clark - Hayling Island Hampshire<br />Pink - Hinton Ampner Hampshire & West Witteri

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: lool up plse
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 May 12 23:32 BST (UK) »
Have you checked Scotlands People for his death as it is the only website with that info  if he died in Scotland?

When did he marry Annie?  It is not possible to search SP using mothers maiden name so you are left with looking for Kellie births and then checking if they have the right parents

SP is a paysite and you will need to buy credits to view possible matches

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline rovert

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 06:48 BST (UK) »
possibly died england bit of a mystery to me this one
Judd - Croydon Surrey<br />Venner, Coote - Beckenham, West Wickham, Bromley Kent<br />Shepston -  Westminster London Middlesex, Bristol<br />Knight - Deane & Andover Hampshire<br />Bull - Chimney sweeps, south of England<br />Bowles - Winterbourne Gunner & PlaitfordWiltshire<br />Kirby - Kings Somborne Hampshire<br />Winter - Plaitford & Landford Wiltshire<br />Arter - Plaitford & Sherfield English Hampshire<br />Clark - Hayling Island Hampshire<br />Pink - Hinton Ampner Hampshire & West Witteri

Offline rovert

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 08:32 BST (UK) »
if someone could help me on my way with this would love to know his death i do know of one child anne oswald kellie but would dearly wish to know more about my edmund james kellie they did live renton then glasgow and think he went to america there is a death in conventry 1946 cant find him comming back to uk truly stuck

Online aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 08:36 BST (UK) »
Wonder if this is his death registration in England?

DEATH: Edmund J. Kellie, age 56, Jan./Mar.1946 Coventry district volume 6d page 980.
Unfortunately, English death certificates don't have nearly as much detail as Scottish ones and the reliability of the details are dependent upon the informant's knowledge. Personal details will be name, age, occupation, status (single, married, divorced) as well as date, place and cause of death.

Will have a look for possible Atlantic travel and post again if I do find any leads.

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 08:46 BST (UK) »
Edmund Kellie, rivetter, arrived New York 9 Dec.1924. Wife Mrs. Annie Kellie of 13 Thomson St., Patrick, Glasgow. Going to sister Mrs. Sarah Gallagher of Quincy Point, Mass. Quincy Point is part of the town of Quincy and just south of Boston.

Offline rovert

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 08:51 BST (UK) »
thankyou your very kind i dont think wife went with him he is my gr grandfather and my gran would ofbeen 10  and im sure she never went out of scotland ever but thanks i no there was othe rchildren and sure my gran wasent youngest strange one

Online aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 09:22 BST (UK) »
Forgot to post link to 1924 passenger manifest so you could see if for yourself- www.ellisisland.org.

Found Edmund's sister Sarah in U.S. census records but couldn't find him in 1930 census- perhaps he didn't stay long (although manifest did say he was intending to stay permanently). Edmund would have arrived in U.S. about 6 weeks after N.Y. stock market crash which was the start of the Great Depression in America. If he was unable to get a job or wife didn't want to join him he maybe moved on.

I know your post was really looking for details about Edmund Kellie but do you have the family in Scottish census records?

Offline rovert

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 10:10 BST (UK) »
yes have looked seen most the cenus but not 1911 so 1920s is the most up to date with going to america got everything back to ireland on kellies just liketo know death andrest of children thanks for looking great help