Author Topic: Confusion in the Ashby tree  (Read 4805 times)

Offline kestrel9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Confusion in the Ashby tree
« on: Friday 25 May 12 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hello all, I am new to this form of communication, so please bear with me. I am searching for clarification of several of my gggm's. 1/  7th. ggm. possibly Mary Walsingham b.1665  d.1745 in Rotherfield / Mayfield area Sussex, Eng. OR  Mary Waslington, b. 1665  d. 1744 from the same district. Either one would have married my 7th. ggf. Richard Ashby b.Mar.1665 in Rotherfield  d.6 Nov. 1751, in Mayfield Sussex.    2/  10th. ggm. Marianna Poyntz. b. 1570 Iron Acton, Gloustershire Eng, d.1650 Sussex, Eng.  m. John Ashby 1570 - 1648.      3/  12th. ggm. Lyddea Beaumont , OR Barbara Beaumont, OR someone else entirely !  m. George Ashby 1530 - 1620 Rotherfield, Sussex, Eng.  Any help or info on any or all of these ladies would be most appreciated, the brick wall is very hard, and my is starting to hurt ! Yours in anticipation, Alan.PS I live in Victoria Australia, so I can't just nip down to the Weald to search for myself.Thanks
Ashby  Kent,Sussex,Middlesex,Leicestershire.
Bloom   London.
Price     London, Wales.
Green   London
Buckley London
Kitchener  London, Middlesex,Essex,Hertfordshire.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Confusion in the Ashby tree
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 May 12 15:41 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to rootschat,
I am going to move this to the Sussex board as there are various people there who have access to parish register details that might help you.    Can you tell us how you know the details you already have? 
Regards
Andrea

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 May 12 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan
I have just looked at the Sussex Marriage Index and I can't see a Richard Ashby marriage to either of the Mary's listed.......not very helpful I know!!
Will continue looking

Suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex

Offline omega 1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 May 12 18:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Alan

Welcome to Rootschat :)

I found a Baptisum for a Richard Ashby

27 Dec 1686 at Mayfield,son of Richard & Mary.

This is from a CD of PRs for Mayfield but could`nt find a Marriage for Richard & Mary.

There was a Burial for a Richard Ashby at Rotherfield on the SFHG database(members only)

Richard Ashby,buried 6 Aug 1751 aged 90.

Kind Regards

omega

PS,If you have a lot of Ancestors from Sussex,it maybe worth you joining The Sussex Family History Group,take a look at their web site :)
Pembrokeshire
James,Gibby,David/Davies,Evan/s,Edward,Thomas,Griffith,Brown,Richards,Phillipps
Carmarthenshire
Thomas,Wilkin,James
Glamorganshire
James
Husbands side
Sussex,Mitchell,White,Hew/Hugh,Peter/s,Lower,Goring,Skinner,Cavey,Padgham,Brann,Graves,Hards,Easton,Moon,Gibb/s,Shepherd
Kent,Curties,Harris/Cleverly
Buckinhamshire
Shephard,Tuck,Philips

Scotland,Riddle

Todd,could be Old Windsor or somewhere I Lincolnshire,John Todd didn't seem to know

Offline kestrel9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 26 May 12 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hello all, Thank-you for your quick replies, most appreciated. To date I have been accessing the records through the Sussex Weald Gen. site to try and make sense of info gleaned through ancestry.com these are the blanks I've come up against. Any further ideas welcome.If any one wants to see where I'm up to I am happy to supply ancestry.com address. Thanks again. Regards Alan.
Ashby  Kent,Sussex,Middlesex,Leicestershire.
Bloom   London.
Price     London, Wales.
Green   London
Buckley London
Kitchener  London, Middlesex,Essex,Hertfordshire.

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 26 May 12 15:44 BST (UK) »

I seem to have forgotton how to link two topics  ???   On page 4 reply No 35 I have given a description of missing entries from the Mayfield PR's.

There are no marriages in the registers for the years 1682-1692.  So if Richard Ashby was born c1665 I would expect a marriage c1685...just right to be among the missing years  :'(

Suey
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline CYates

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 04 April 16 05:30 BST (UK) »
Hi there Ashby descendent. I am new to this forum format also.
1.)It appears that Richard Ashby 1665-1751 was the son of Thomas Ashby 1629-1690 and Mary Ann Peete. I don't have his wife.
2.) I have Marianna Poyntz 1570-1650 married John Ashby 1570-1648 on 12/27/1652.
3.) Lyddea Beaumont married George Ashby of Rotherfield,Sussex 1530-1622. I don't have any more details.
I hope this is helpful.