Author Topic: O'day of Castle Connell limerick  (Read 4188 times)

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
O'day of Castle Connell limerick
« on: Wednesday 30 May 12 21:53 BST (UK) »
Can anybody please give any info on the O'Day family.This is what I know.the first siting of Patrick O'Day in England was on the 1871  census ,he had married Bridget Timblin  in 1868.Living with them was his mother Catherine born Limerick a widow.Catherine dies in 1881.Certificates show that Patricks father Joseph was a farm labourer Further info staes thay Patrick was born Castle Connell
Queries that need solving
How do I find the baptism of Patrick c 1845/46
How do I find the marriage of Joseph and Catherine
Where will Joseph be buried assuming he died in Ireland.The family was RC
Any help on the O'Days much appreciated

Dotty
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O'day of Castle Connell limerick
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 23:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Dotty

Is this one of the children of Bridget and Patrick getting married ?

Thomas O'Day
from England
Margaret Mcphail
from Wausaw, Wi
date 24 Jul 1892
place Rhinelander, Oneida, Wisconsin
father Patrick O'Day
mother Bridge Timlen

This is the marriage of Bridget and Patrick

Name: Bridget Timblin
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1868
Registration district: Prescot
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume Number: 8b
Page Number: 837

O'Day is not a Limerick name as far as I am aware - when searching also look for O'Dea !

Tara

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 31 May 12 07:39 BST (UK) »
yes that is the family.I am assuming that Joseph and Catherine had more than one child[may be wrong]
and am trying to ascertain whether the rest of the family stayed in Ireland or came to England.

Dotty
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline emy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 31 July 12 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Dotty,
I've just found your post and I am interested in the Day's you are looking for. It's a long story but I also have Day's in my tree and my Great Grandmother Elizabeth Day married Patrick Shannon in 1877 in St. Helens, Lancashire. One of the witnesses to the marriage was a Patrick Day. I didn't think that he could be her brother, but he must have been some sort of relation. I searched all the censuses and the only one I could find that could have been old enough to have been a witness was Patrick Day who married Bridget Timblin but I have yet to confirm this connection. He was living in Sutton which is only a couple of miles from St. Helens.
Please contact me so that we can compare notes. I'm desperate to find a connection to my Day family.
By the way Patrick and Bridget were married at St. Mary's Church, Woolton, Liverpool

Regards

Emy