Author Topic: Joseph DANKS & Clara WILSON  (Read 9829 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph DANKS & Clara WILSON
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 07 July 12 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Vicki,
You do have alot to absorb and collate. It can be a bit much at times, I know ;) :)

Clara once she arrived in Australia was that she married Joseph Danks & had a daughter Annis & that was the end of the info I had.  Now I know she remarried & that she died in 1973 in WA.  Vicki

The death in 1973 was not for CLARA A (nee Wilson) it was her daughter ANNIS,

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mrshoneybear

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 07 July 12 10:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sue,

You're right.  I've mixed her up with daughter Annis.  So I still need to find when Clara died!

Vicki
Blaxell (from Devon, Eng), Gledhill (from Eng), Grace (from Wiltshire Eng), Hoy (from County Antrim, Nthn Ireland),  Simon (from Nassau, Germany), Wilson (from Cambidge, Eng), Brown (from Oakham, Eng & later Scone, NSW), Newling (from Cambridgeshire, Eng & then Scone, NSW), Ball & Eatons from Worcestershire, Eng), Burris (from Wiltshire, ENg)

Offline Jennyoz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 13 January 13 04:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vicki,

My great grandmother was Clara Ann Wilson. She married Joseph Danks on 28 November 1891 at Stockton NSW. On the marriage certificate it states that Joseph was 24yrs and Clara was 22yrs. Joseph was a miner. Clara was born on 14 May 1870 in Barnsley UK and died, aged 69yrs, on 30 June 1939 at East Freemantle. Clara and Joseph had two children together - Annis Wilson, born in 1893 at Stockton NSW, and Ada Wilson born 1888. Joseph was listed as the father on Annis' birth certificate, but Ada's has father as unknown, although it is believed to be Joseph also. I have quite a lot of information on Clara's family and marriage, baptism, birth certificates (copies) from her parents etc. I do not have a great deal on Joseph Danks as yet. Clara went on to live with John McGowan after leaving Joseph, though it appears Clara and John never married. They had two children, my Grandmother - also Clara, and a daughter Maggie, who died at the age of 16yrs. They resided in Western Australia, mainly the goldfield area around Kalgoorlie and Boulder. John McGowan died 17 January 1910, and his last years have quite a detailed story. I have many records around this also. If you are able to tell me what information you need, I can pass all I have onto you. Like I said, I am not sure if you are interested in Clara's side of the family, or the Danks side. I hope this is helpful to you, and let me know if I can assist you with what I have already. Cheers, Jenny.

Offline mrshoneybear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 16 January 13 02:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jenny
Thanks for your reply.  Your great grandmother Clara & my great grandfather George were brother & sister.  Before I started this journey our family did not know much about the Wilson side at all.  I now know that George had 2 sisters & 2 brothers.  My Aunty & my Father's cousin actually gave me the task of looking into the family history & it has been interesting so far.

I knew that Clara did not stay with Joseph & found a newspaper artice from 1900 in the Kalgoorlie Miner that showed she obtained a separation from Joseph Danks on the grounds of bodily fear & cruelty.  From what I can gather Joseph went back to the Newcastle area in NSW.

I have found some info on Clara's brothers & their families & little bit about Clara.  I have found marriages for Ada & Annis, but nothing about your grandmother Clara so anything about her would be greatly appreciated.  I did not know about Maggie.  Any more info you can give me about her would be good too.
Yes, I would be interested to hear about John McGowan too.Any info you have about Clara's parents James & Sarah would be very helpful too.  I also have very little on Clara's sister Amelia apart from her marriage to Leonard Smith in 1915 at Merewether, NSW.  I have looked into the Gledhill side of things & have managed to get back to late 1600s but can only get back to 1800s for the Wilsons. 

Do you have any photos from the Wilsons, etc?  If you want any info on the brothers let me know & I will pass on what I have.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Vicki
Blaxell (from Devon, Eng), Gledhill (from Eng), Grace (from Wiltshire Eng), Hoy (from County Antrim, Nthn Ireland),  Simon (from Nassau, Germany), Wilson (from Cambidge, Eng), Brown (from Oakham, Eng & later Scone, NSW), Newling (from Cambridgeshire, Eng & then Scone, NSW), Ball & Eatons from Worcestershire, Eng), Burris (from Wiltshire, ENg)

Offline BradRich

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 06 September 14 11:46 BST (UK) »
Hi All

Thanks for your efforts in this thread ,Its helped me fill in the Clara Ann Wilson branch of my tree.
I'm a descendant of a Richards/Scott marriage in 1933 Kalgoorlie WA if I can add to your tree please contact me .