Author Topic: Looking for Jager/Jagger  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Robster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Jager/Jagger
« on: Friday 01 June 12 04:10 BST (UK) »
Hello to all!

I am looking for a (Jeremy) Jeremiah Jagger the last name is tricky it could have been Jager or Gager he was born in England in ???? he married a Elizabeth Webster in 1613 I be live in England as well I do know he died in the West Indies 1658 Aug.14 and died in 1645 in Stamford,Fairfield, Connecticut . The name in America has gone from Jager.Jaggers.Jaggars,Gager as I have those surnames in my line.

I have numerous reports he came either from Stainland ,Yorkshire , but I am leaning more to Somerset as I have more family genealogical researchers believing he came from that area .

He was suppose to set sail on the "Arabella" in 1630 to America , There is no record of his name but of a Dr. William Gager and son John.

I know this is a shot in the dark asking,but any information would be golden to me.

Thank you
Robert Jaggars

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Jager/Jagger
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 June 12 07:40 BST (UK) »
Although I can't help with what you are looking for, there are several later  Jeremiah Jagger/Jager marriages on Boyds marriage index and they are all in Yorkshire.
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 June 12 10:58 BST (UK) »
Perhaps you could clarify the dates in your post- 1658 West Indies or 1845 Connecticut?
I am looking for a (Jeremy) Jeremiah Jagger the last name is tricky it could have been Jager or Gager he was born in England in ???? he married a Elizabeth Webster in 1613 I be live in England as well I do know he died in the West Indies 1658 Aug.14 and died in 1645 in Stamford,Fairfield, Connecticut .
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Robster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 June 12 00:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you aghadowey for correcting me, I have migraines most time and was going off memory, I have my documents in from of me now, hopefully someone can help here is what I have:
It has been told we came over with Gov. Winthrop's fleet and settled in Rochester, Massachusetts they came over on the "Mary and John" two weeks prior to "Arabella"."Mary and John" ship came from Plymouth,England in 1630.
 Jeremiah Jager/Jager came over either on the "Arabella" , "Mary and John" or the "Mayflower" under Gov. Winthrop in 1630, I personally have found no records of there names on any ship,  but it was possible at that time not to have been recorded.

I am looking for descendants of Jeremiah Jager/Jagger he married Elizabeth Webster, I have been told he was born in Stainland,England in 1617 and died in West Indies on 14 Aug.1658 , he had a brother Francis Jager/Jagger buried in West Indies as well and a possible brother John Jager/Jagger.

I also believe that a Jeremiah John Jagger born in Southowram on Jan 1,1611 West Yorkshire could be the possible brother. They also went by Gager in spelling.

I apologies again for my first post being incorrect.

Rob Jaggars