Author Topic: 1734 Religious census Barony COMPLETED  (Read 2809 times)

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1734 Religious census Barony COMPLETED
« on: Thursday 07 June 12 04:45 BST (UK) »
Hi does anyone have access to past issues of the Glynn Journal, put out by the Antrim Historical Society annually.
   Over a period of 5 years they published the names for the 1734 Religious census for the Barony of Cary. No 21 in 1993 Contained the names for Culfeightrin Parish, No 22 in 1994, Armoy Parish and No 23 in 1995 contained Ramoan Parish and Ballintoy is in No 25 in 1997.
    I am searching for the names for Billy Parish and think that they must be in Issue No 24 for 1996.
    I am researching the Taylor family and would dearly love to find if there are any Taylors included in Billy Parish in 1734.
    The names are listed by townland and give their religion.
   Any help would be very much appreciated
wyanga
Ireland: Taylor, Clark, Doyle, Pollock,Boyle
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 
Scotland: Campbell, McNaughtan, McKellar

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1734 Religious census Barony Cary Help please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 June 12 06:51 BST (UK) »
Taylors listed in 1740 Protestant Householders List:
http://www.billmacafee.com/1740returns.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1734 Religious census Barony Cary Help please
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 June 12 07:31 BST (UK) »
aghadowey
   Thank you, yes I have the Warren and George Taylor listed in 1740 Protestants Roll for Billy parish.
 I also have a Samuel and  a George Taylor, Billy, that were named in pre 1858 Wills that died  in 1737/38 .
 This particular Religious census for 1734 gives the names for each townland in the Parish, so it will be of immense benefit in placing just where they were living in that year.
wyanga
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1734 Religious census Barony Cary Help please COMPLETED
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 June 12 23:44 BST (UK) »
Hi does anyone have access to past issues of the Glynn Journal, put out by the Antrim Historical Society annually.
   Over a period of 5 years they published the names for the 1734 Religious census for the Barony of Cary. No 21 in 1993 Contained the names for Culfeightrin Parish, No 22 in 1994, Armoy Parish and No 23 in 1995 contained Ramoan Parish and Ballintoy is in No 25 in 1997.

I have found that the names for Billy Parish (that part in Cary ) were not printed by the Antrim Historical Society in the Glynn Journal.
   For anyone wishing to view these names, or the complete 1734 Religious census for Cary Barony, the record is held at National Library of Ireland, Dublin. manuscript ms 5456 Seamus O'Casside manuscripts.
    The head of households for the Parishes are named, by townland.
 A wonderful resource for that period.
wyanga