Author Topic: Dick Kerr's Ladies  (Read 2863 times)

Offline XsCode

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gesta Praevenient Verbis
    • View Profile
Dick Kerr's Ladies
« on: Saturday 09 June 12 15:52 BST (UK) »
I know that my Great Grand Aunt Lily Martin was a member of the Dick Kerr Ladies Football Team in the 1920's, but I am unable to find any information specific to her or point her out on any of the team photo's.  I have read Barbara Jacobs book and emailed her, but she was very unhelpful stating "Everything I know is in my book".  Does anyone have any more information at all or can point me at another resource other than dickkerrladies.com and the 2 books available?

TIA
Names:
Woodcock, Dawson, Ty(l/r)er, Kerr, Ainscough, Knott, Blackhurst, Molyneux, Abbott, Mayor

Areas:
Halsall, Tarleton, Scarisbrick, Ormskirk, Liverpool, Preston

http://Http://woodcocks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline jvy20

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Dick Kerr's Ladies
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 June 12 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Try www.sthelens-connect.net. Click on to forums and put Dick Kerr in the search box at top right. There is info there that you may find useful.

Regards

John
Census Information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline XsCode

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gesta Praevenient Verbis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 June 12 16:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that John.
Names:
Woodcock, Dawson, Ty(l/r)er, Kerr, Ainscough, Knott, Blackhurst, Molyneux, Abbott, Mayor

Areas:
Halsall, Tarleton, Scarisbrick, Ormskirk, Liverpool, Preston

http://Http://woodcocks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 June 12 16:58 BST (UK) »
http://www.dickkerrladies.com

possible info?

regards

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 09 June 12 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hi TIA

Leave this with me, I think I might know someone else who wrote a history of Dick Kerrs Ladies

Regards

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands
Wild, - Claughton, Lancashire
Kay, - Longridge, Chipping, Ribchester

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 09 June 12 20:12 BST (UK) »
Sorry, it was Gail Newsham that I knew off and I see you have already visited her website, have you tried contacting her ?

Regards

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands

Offline Long Tom

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 10 June 12 09:31 BST (UK) »
   Hello,
  The 'Sutton Beauty' Web site has a bit on the Dick Kerr team under the Sutton Sports Section [in addition to the Gail Newsham input].    There is input from another Team members relative, and it could well be worth contacting the site !
     Long Tom. :)

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 June 12 10:43 BST (UK) »
Would you like me to contact Gail on your behalf, I have met her a few times in the past and she will certainly know who I am

Regards

Simon

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 11 June 12 11:05 BST (UK) »
Apparently there were two Lily Martins who played for Dick Kerr Ladies, one married a chap with the surname Collinson and the other will need looking at a bit further

Do you have date of birth of your Lily

Regards

Simon