Author Topic: Michaelstowe Hall - Ramsey  (Read 8069 times)

Offline verona

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Michaelstowe Hall - Ramsey
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 August 11 16:04 BST (UK) »
Message removed
Mostly in Essex: Hammond Hazell Southgate Barfield Cant Grant Whymark Jones

Mostly in Hampshire: Pollard Grant Aldred Hall Eade Coombs Newell Newman Reed Aburrow Andrews

Offline bobsdog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 August 11 16:14 BST (UK) »
deleted

Offline Warrenhill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 September 15 00:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Richard

Just seen your requests for info re above and mention of Nelson Cottages. I am certain that your grandmother Aggie and mine Elsie were sisters (2 of the 12). My grandparents lived at Nelson Cottages for a long time and my aunt Kathleen was the last family member to live there.  I have much information  on the Barfields family tree and would be glad to help.
Regards

Offline verona

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 September 15 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hello
Yes, I am Richard, son of Irene, daughter of Agnes (Aggie), sister of Elsie - and now father of four and grandfather of eight! I knew that Elsie's descendants were many, but I have only followed them down to her and Bert's grandchildren.
Incidentally, after living abroad for 16 years, I now live in Swindon, close to Ogbourne St George, where Bert's grandfather lived, but as far as I can see there are no Mills now living in the village.
My real interest is in Agnes Barfield, nee Jones, born 1857, my great-grandmother. When I was looking back into the family a few years ago I came to a complete brick wall about her ancestry. She seems to have a connection with Highgate in North London, but Agnes Jones's there are numerous, so I couldn't get beyond her in that direction. I was also confused by some entries in other local NE Essex registers which seemed to confuse her father and her grandfather; at which point I made a tactical withdrawal!
If you can help break that logjam I would be very grateful. (*)
Best wishes
Richard Hammond

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least 2 postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Mostly in Essex: Hammond Hazell Southgate Barfield Cant Grant Whymark Jones

Mostly in Hampshire: Pollard Grant Aldred Hall Eade Coombs Newell Newman Reed Aburrow Andrews

Offline Warrenhill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 23 September 15 00:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Richard

Thanks for your reply. It seems I have to make a couple of postings before I can use the Personal Message system. I am David, the eldest of Elsie and Bert's 16 grandchildren and son of Edwin (his first job was at Michaelstowe working in the gardens).  I'm afraid all I have on our great grandmother Agnes Emma Barfield is that she was born on 10th Nov. 1856 in Highgate and her parents were Ann & James Jones.  I also know that our grandfathers Sidney and Bert(on his mother's side) came from the Hazell family as did Nellie who married Horace Barfield.
Many years ago I paid a visit to Rockley as I found that Bert's father originally came from there.
Best wishes