Author Topic: Elliot, Jane B:1662 (?)  (Read 726 times)

Offline choc_lamington

• RootsChat Extra
  • Life is a wheel
    • View Profile
Elliot, Jane B:1662 (?)
« on: Wednesday 04 July 12 05:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys!

Found some new info on my family tree and it's got me pretty excited. Ive tried using Ancestry resources but only come up with info I already have.

I'm looking for information on a Jane Elliot, who at the time of her marriage to Andrew Graham in 1721, in St Stephen, Coleman Street London, was registered to be residing at Eton, Buckinghamshire.

I've searched the Buckinghamshire family history society, but Elliot does not seem a common name in that county. I was trying to access records from St John The evangelist Parish?

It appears she married Andrew later in life, and that she may not be my relative at all, but rather the second wife. I will continue to search out my options but would love some help here please! :)

Cheers,
Stacey

Leech, Harvey, Karlsson, Graham, Hare, Cullen

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Re: Elliot, Jane B:1662 (?)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 July 12 16:02 BST (UK) »
This ones a toughie, Stacey.

How old was she, when she married Andrew Graham.   Where did they end up.

If she was married, did you find any adult Elliot deaths in Eton area, that could possible be her husband.   Any child baptisms to  ? ? ? & Jane Elliot.    I know you said the Elliot name isn't that common in that area, how many of that name in the Eton area.

As Eton is roughley 23+ miles from Coleman Street, the shortest route is what is the A4(Roman Road).    I would suggest she traveled that route.

Sorry I have no other suggestions really.

Steve. :)

Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline choc_lamington

• RootsChat Extra
  • Life is a wheel
    • View Profile
Re: Elliot, Jane B:1662 (?)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 July 12 16:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help and your quick reply. I'll get onto researching those things asap. lol (when I've finished banging my head against the wall with my swedish relatives lol)
Leech, Harvey, Karlsson, Graham, Hare, Cullen