Author Topic: Frederick HAMBRIDGE, Born c1835, Yeovil  (Read 3673 times)

Offline CRE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick HAMBRIDGE, Born c1835, Yeovil
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 02:25 GMT (UK) »
Dear Tony,

Greetings from your American cousin.  I hope you receive this.  George Hambridge and Mary Toy (who were married in St. John's church in Yeovil on April 23rd, 1821) are my forebears on my mother's side through Frederick Hambridge's older brother Henry Charles Hambridge (1829-1915).  I don't have specific information on Frederick.  However, given his older brother emigrated to the United States and died in Buffalo, New York, you might try looking for Frederick there.  If you have any further information on George and Mary I'd much appreciate it!   Best,   Clif

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning Clif,

Delighted with your message and welcome to RootsChat.

The story of Frederick HAMBRIDGE is quite short.   After his Parkhurst Prison experience he joined the Royal Artillery in 1854 and eventually died of dysentery in Allahabad, India, on 14/08/1859, aged 26.    I have little information about the rest of his family but am more than happy to send you a copy of my narrative for Frederick HAMBRIDGE.

If you reply to this posting it should be sufficient to allow me to send you a Personal Message with my email address which will allow us to communicate, with attachments, far easier.

For the moment,

Tony

Offline CRE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Good morning Tony,

Thanks so much for your kind message and for the summary of Frederick Hambridge.  I'm happy to keep in touch; please do send me your mail in a personal message.  I'll be happy to know more about what you're working on.   

Clif