Author Topic: Webfamily  (Read 4085 times)

Offline allanroy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Webfamily
« on: Thursday 01 July 04 12:02 BST (UK) »
Has any one managed to use this site
http://webfamily.org.uk
How can you register, does not seem to be any details about how to do so. I have found alot of info there now I would like to access it.
Regards
Allan Roy
Cornwall: Nattle, Nicholls, Cooksen,Perkin,Robartes
Kent:        Holdstock
Wales:      Hanes
Scotland:  Roy
Leeds:      Maude

Offline jaq

• RootsChat Senior
  • willing to share resources
    • View Profile
Re:Webfamily
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 July 04 12:52 BST (UK) »
hi,
i had a look there today, very interesting.but like you, couldnt see where to join.
altho much of the information pages they have dont look like html until you hover mouse over it, then takes you to new page.
there definatley is a lot of data that is accesable with literally hundreds of names / families etc..
a mystery [no webmaster either]  ???

jaq

i like a challenge, there must be a way in  ;)
Appleby Appleton Bass Dewey Dilks ELEY Fox Foy Frankland Furnivall Hammond Hume lawrence Lewis Manning Moody Muschamp Peck Plumley Spalding Spencer Thurston Watson Willsher Wright Youngs
---
Balls Barker Burton Cambridge Cook Dow Freeman Goody Harrington Mitchell Mitson Penn*ck Playford Smith

Offline Catherine

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Webfamily
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 July 04 15:27 BST (UK) »
Hi!

This Web Family site has been going on for a long time, of people trying to find out how to log in.  On the main page there is a section where you can e-mail them, but getting an answer is another matter.
When the site was first running, I rember logging in, but the only extra info is if there was the date of birth of the person, which now appears on the St. Catherines Index on the death records. Apart from that there was nothing more. I have tried logging in since, but had no joy, tried e-mailing them, along with lot of people on the Genes Reunited site, still no joy.
Apparently the two people who the site belongs to, have two other sites online. I am not sure what they are, but I think one was to do with insurance, and the other a financial site.
Think most people have now given up with the site.

Catherine   :(