Author Topic: Name change  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Name change
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 08:00 GMT (UK) »
The Ohio Deaths database at the LDS Labs site (http://search.labs.familysearch.org) has a death registration for John Hergatt who died in Madison, Richland County, Ohio on 16 Mar 1934. There is an image of the death registration at the site. The writing can be difficult to read but if you can decipher it, it does have Katherine's maiden name as well as the names of his parents. It also indicates he was born in Hungary.

There is also a death for Rosina Hergatt, daughter of Philip and Christina who died in Madison, Richland County, Ohio on 17 Aug 1925 at the age of 5.

Also at the LDS Labs site, there is a death registration (with image) for a Filip Hergatt in San Marcos, Hays County, Texas on 19 Aug 1958. His age matches that of Johan/John's brother Philip and he was born in Austria, Hungary.

There is also a death for a Christ F. Hergatt in Arizona on 14 Apr 1947 (again with an image of the registration). He appears to be the son of Philip and Christina. It says he was born in Argentina while the 1920 census says South America so it would seem to be the right person.

Found a possible spelling for the place in Germany:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~banatdata/DUK/Surname-Servo.htm
Hergatt: "Mramorak"

That looks like a match to what was written. Nice find.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 08:23 GMT (UK) »
I found a death for a Katherine Hergatt in Richland County, Ohio on 22 Dec 1961. She was 88 and a widow. You'd have to order a copy of the certificate to get more details I believe.

Also, the Genealogy Bank is a pay site that has some obituaries including one for Michael Hergatt. It also indicated they had other Hergatt obituaries but I don't know for who. There do have an introductory offer of 30 days for $9.95 but you have to make sure to cancel before the 30 days is up if you don't want to continue your membership (if you don't they'll keep billing you). Here's a link to their site:
http://www.genealogybank.com/gbnk/

Also if you have access to Ancestry, there are some Hergatt family trees posted there.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Looks like there's passenger list information here:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~banatdata/DDB/ByVillage/Mramorak.htm

http://www.kiemle-kemle.net/history/thekemlename.html

If you go to newslibrary.com, you can see the beginning of Michael's obituaries in The Bonita Springs, FL Banner and The Cedar Rapids-Iowa City Gazette and the beginning of Anna K. Hergatt's obit in The Cedar Rapids-Iowa City Gazette.

I found an article from 1961 about how Michael & Ann met.  If you'd be interested in seeing it, let me know.

Offline Pavonia

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 02 January 10 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Happened upon this conversation and thought we'd chime in.  We are Hergatt's in Mansfield Ohio and are related to and personally know many of the Hergatt's (aka Hergot) you've been discussing.  Have visited with the Mike Hergatt who died in Iowa, (my husband's great uncle) and am in contact with his daughter.  If you need any information let us know. 

Offline KiwiKenneth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 August 12 02:12 BST (UK) »
Pavonia.
It would be appreciated if you could reply to me off forum at (*)
regards
Kenneth McLeod
Taupo
 New Zealand

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline KiwiKenneth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 13 August 12 05:26 BST (UK) »
Looking for descendents of Michael Hergatt from Putnam County, Ohio around the turn of the century. Can sks assist.
regrds

Kenneth

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 20 August 12 17:34 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Roots Chat, Kenneth.  RootsChat is meant for finding ancestors, rather than living relatives.

Personal details of any people known or thought to be living will be removed, in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses. So people here will be able to give you general tips and hints how to proceed, but not any concrete details.

Are you referring to the same Michael Hergatt mentioned earlier in this thread, or is he someone else?

Offline KiwiKenneth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 21 August 12 21:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the advice - much appreciated.

Kenneth   :)

Offline KiwiKenneth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hergatt
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 21 August 12 21:40 BST (UK) »
I am seeking ancestors of Michael Marion HERGATT.
Born: 28 March 1904 Mansfield, Ohio
Married: abt 1927 to Anna K BAXTER (born 12 Jan 1906 in Colombus Grove, Ohio). 2 children Marion and "Dollie".
Died: Nov 1998 in Solon, Johnson, Iowa

I think his parents may have been John Phillip HERGATT and Katheryn SPERTZEL.
At this time most of the documentation I have looked at says they came from Jugo Slavia, but another source says Austria/Germany.
Hoping sks can help me further.

regards
Kenneth

Topics on same person merged  ~moderator