Author Topic: Killy Coolly(??)  (Read 5261 times)

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Killy Coolly(??)
« on: Tuesday 28 August 12 17:40 BST (UK) »
One of my Truesdales was born in Co. Monaghan.  On the 1911 census he was in the British Navy and stated that he was born in Killy Coolly.  I'm sure this is not spelled right, but can anyone give me a clue as to the real spelling, and also the Parish??
Thanks
RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)
McCormick (Killyleagh and finally Belfast)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Killy Coolly(??)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 19:19 BST (UK) »
Hello...

There is infact a place called Killycooly in Co. Monaghan - its in the Civil Parish of Donagh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_townlands_of_County_Monaghan

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 20:34 BST (UK) »
Well there was a baptism for in Aug 1883  Thomas Alexander/Parents;George/Eliza Jane Truesdale, Killycooly..if you go to www.truagh.ie you should get contact details for Errigal Truagh/Shanco Ch. of Ireland.. Shanco is long closed and amalgamated with Truagh.

Not sure if you get any more on him....

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 20:59 BST (UK) »
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 10:25 BST (UK) »
Yes!!  That is him!!  His parents were George Truesdale and Eliza Jane McFarland (I believe).  In 1901 he is back in Lisburn, Co. Antrim, working on a farm and I know that his mother was dead.
I can't find his birth registration or baptism   details online and wonder if any of you know where to find them.  Also, wonder if his mother died in Monaghan.

I can't thank you all enough for this help as this was one of my brick walls.

Cheers, RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 10:32 BST (UK) »
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 10:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks gortonboy.  Do you think his baptism is online anywhere?
RosemaryJoan

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 10:49 BST (UK) »
cant see one,,   You can order the birth cert using the details from family search,,i believe it only costs 4 euros. ;)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 10:51 BST (UK) »