Author Topic: John Mulleague, b c1853, Rosscommon  (Read 8031 times)

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
John Mulleague, b c1853, Rosscommon
« on: Tuesday 28 August 12 19:51 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for where to locate John Mulleague (and family) in Rosscommon. From the UK census records I have found he was born in Rosscommon in c1853. He married Julia Ann Hynes in Huddersfield in 1878 and died in the war in 1919. His father  (from his marriage cert) is also John Mulleague. No occupation given...

I am unsure what records are available for Ireland and how to go about searching online.

Thank you in anticipation
Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: John Mulleague, b c1853, Rosscommon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 19:59 BST (UK) »
you can search for Mulleague families on the Griffiths valuation,,compiled 1847-1864..it records the head of families who are tenants of land..i can see 3 James Mulleagues,,,you can click on their records and se what parishes/townlands they were in.

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 20:11 BST (UK) »
i see you already have this info from another thread.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 20:13 BST (UK) »
I'm unsure as to how or which of these James' are related to my John...?
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
WL-Williams

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 20:18 BST (UK) »
I have the family on the 1891 and 1911 census but cannot find them otherwise.  I think I have daughter Annie aged 21 on the 1901 but none of the others

I have births for John's children: John Thomas (1880-1893), Austin (1882), Kathleen (1884-1884), James Hubert (1888-1926), Mary (1890-1890). There also seems to be a Charles and a Martin on the census returns born c1882 and 1885 respectively.
WL-Williams

Offline Lisacul Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Allegs,

From the 1901 Census Ireland a John aged 54 approx DOB by age 1847 is residing in Deerpark,Basilck.  I think you can eliminate the Deerpark James purely on the basis of two John Mulleague being born and surviving to the same father is unlikely.

One more elimination to go perhaps.

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 21:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you Padraig. Any idea how to eliminate the other?!
WL-Williams

Offline Lisacul Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Allegs,

The Civil Registration records are all we have to make deductions. The area your Mulleague family would have been is Castlereagh.

There are three James Mulleague deaths from the LDS records of Civil deaths of interest:-

James Mulleague birth 1812 Death 1874 http://www.rootschat.com/links/0qif/
James Mulleague birth 1835 Death 1898 http://www.rootschat.com/links/0qig/
James Mulleague birth 1791 Death 1865 http://www.rootschat.com/links/0qih/

The James born 1835 may be one of those on the Grffith Valuations but is unlikely to have had a grandson born in 1847 so is unlikely to be the Deerpark option.

If you are inclined groireland http://www.groireland.ie/or rootsireland http://www.rootschat.com/links/0qij/ will be able to supply certificates which should have the townland. There are no guarantees these will definitively provide the answer but as records for this parish only date from 1865 , the options are very limited.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 21:48 BST (UK) »
I have the family on the 1891 and 1911 census but cannot find them otherwise.  I think I have daughter Annie aged 21 on the 1901 but none of the others

Hello,

1881  4381/ 23/39 has them transcribed as Mulliague
1901  4104 /118 / 7 -Mullague

I'm a bit confused - you say that his father is John but the Roscommon records referred to are for James.  ???

regards
heywood